First time @ 15 miles (Read 863 times)

longest run ever ... good tempo ... feel great ... I left my watch at home so I don’t have the exact splits but it was roughtly first 5 miles at 8:46 / mile … next 5 miles at 9:03 / mile then finished the 15 at 2:14:23 [or 8:58 mile overall ... so the last 5 picked up the pace a little.] My 13.1 spilt was under 2 hours ... I have the Philly Distance Run in Sept [1/2 marathon] so I feel like I am learning how to pace myself.

2012= under-goaled

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

That's awesome. Congrats! I only dream of 15!

TRUST THE PROCESS

Congrats!

Giants Fan

Congratulations, that is a big milestone!!!

"I think I've discovered the secret of life- you just hang around until you get used to it."

Charles Schulz

Menace to Sobriety

good job

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

a big jump! congrats
              And you know sometimes it gets so painful Just like talking to yourself When everything don't seem to have no rhyme or reason We all go Do do loo do do, do do loo do do Waiting for the sun to shine

Run the race God set B4U

Great job! I'm proud of you, maybe I'll be posting that someday Smile
                5K's (11), Half Marathon (1), Relay Marathon (1), 15K's (2)
                  Thanks for the kind words and supporting a shameless pat on the back ... on a separate note anyone have any ideas on the proper treatment for a black and blue toe nail. I know that I am going to end up losing one shortly? Home remedies?

2012= under-goaled

I left my watch at home so I don’t have the exact splits
                    Excellent job on a 15 miler.....I have stated in here in the past that I never look at my watch or have any idea of my times on normal run day (especially on my long run day) - cause I like to run like Obie Wan and Luke Skywalker (I just use the force)........since I started this, I feel better and like running more...... The only time I use a watch is for the Wed afternoon interval sessions with the running club..... Good idea to forget the watch.......Excellent run........you just might make that Marathon that you promised your wife......Keep it up.... Big grin

Champions are made when no one is watching

you just might make that Marathon that you promised your wife......Keep it up.... Big grin
                      Sounds like your training is progressing very nicely, way to go slimbo. Watch out NYC, he's planning to kick ass and take names in November.

E.J.
                      Greater Lowell Road Runners
                      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Congrats.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

cause I like to run like Obie Wan and Luke Skywalker (I just use the force)........since I started this, I feel better and like running more...... "You are strong and wise, Anakin, and I am very proud of you. I have trained you since you were a small boy. I have taught you everything I know. And you have become a far greater Jedi than I could ever hope to be." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi[src] "Twisted by the dark side, young Skywalker has become. The boy you trained, gone he is... consumed by Darth Vader." ―Yoda[src] "He is in great danger." "From the Sith?" "From himself." Didn't Obi Wan get killed and then Luke got his armed chopped off? Then someone stole both his girl; his ride and his robots? Bad day of running is better then his day at the office Big grin

2012= under-goaled

<>>"Twisted by the dark side, you have become Big grin
                            This is just what my wife says every time I put on my New Balance's and say "I'll be back in about an hr or so"....... She just doesnt seem to understand the power of the force...... Shocked

Champions are made when no one is watching

Congrats. I don't know if I will ever run that far, but I sure hope to!
                              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

WTG, Slimbo! You're gonna do great at your HM next month. Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay