NB 1223 (Read 1527 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Much snazzier than the 1222, especially in that funky lime green! There is someone selling 2 pair on eBay...not sure how they got a hold of them, as I don't think stores will even have them for another month. But I am eagerly awaiting trying on a pair. I loved my 1222s, but the arch was not quite high enough and I believe that led to the outer arch/tendonitis pain that I finally was able to be rid of after a month of wearing the Asics Gel Kayano 13--a shoe that I like, but don't love (even the wides are too narrow for me and I have slight heel slippage issues). I need to find an insole to try to get more miles out of my 1222s and 767s (which also have arches that are a bit too flat for me). Anyone know if the arches on the 1223 will be different from those in the 1222? k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

With that funkalicious green, you'd have to also invest in a new running skirt to match! Tongue

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

With that funkalicious green, you'd have to also invest in a new running skirt to match! Tongue
        Oooh...are you sure you're not a female under that manly exterior? What have you and did been smoking? Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

I heard they visited the Bong Recreation Area.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Oooh...are you sure you're not a female under that manly exterior?
            Definitely not, but when your 4-1/2 year old daughter won't wear anything you put out for her unless it's a proper match ("Daddy, this pink is different than that pink!"), you start to think in terms of accessorizing. Of course, the trend hasn't filtered up to me -- I still dress like a doof.
            What have you and did been smoking?
            I can't speak for how did spent the past week in Guy Land, but I would start here.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I heard they visited the Bong Recreation Area.
              *snort* Maybe that's where that news reporter REALLY was! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Definitely not, but when your 4-1/2 year old daughter won't wear anything you put out for her unless it's a proper match ("Daddy, this pink is different than that pink!"), you start to think in terms of accessorizing.
                Ooh, yeah...pinks that don't match is a major fashion faux pas! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

At the race, I did on memorial there was a local shoes retailer showing of the M1223. When I asked about them, they said they had them in stock. I have not seen them online for sale. I am looking at getting the M1222's... they're just a bit too pricey.

Vim

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I am looking at getting the M1222's... they're just a bit too pricey.
                    I thought so too...until I bought a pair. Seems like all of the moderate stability, higher cushion shoes fall into this price range (the Asics Kayano is a competitor and is the same price...Saucony ProGrid Hurricane is also in that range and would be a similar shoe). I've tried other NB stability models, but they seem to be either too stable or not stable enough, even though they are nice and wide. k

~ Sarah Kay

What's your opinion; 767 vs 1222?

Vim

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

What's your opinion; 767 vs 1222?
                        I LOVE how lightweight the 767 is and I wore the all-weather model all Winter and they really worked well. They are less cushy than the 1222 and my stability needs seem to have increased a bit after the snow melted, so I went back to my 1222s. I would definitely recommend the 767 to anyone who can get by on a bit less stability, though. They do seem to suffer from the same minimal arch support as the 1222 and 857...I'm guessing all of their SL-1 lasted shoes will have similar insoles and need to have an aftermarket insole if you need more arch support. I have fairly average arches that are lower when I bear weight, so I need something that keeps my arches from collapsing quite so much. k

~ Sarah Kay