AM/PM "easy" pace differences and Doubles (Read 147 times)

Bad Ass

My morning runs are slower than my afternoon runs, mostly because the humidity is close to 100% in the mornings, as compared to lower humidity (still humid, though) in the afternoons.

I find the same as Julia.  I train well in the evening, yet my evening races have been less than stellar.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner, INKnBURN Ambassador

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

It's always fucking hot in Miami!

I was going to +1 someone, but couldn't decide which one, because so many are saying the same thing. Yes I am slower in the morning, but much prefer it in the summer once it starts getting light early enough; it is cooler, and I get it out of the way before work. I sort of flipped the switch to AM runs at one point this year and was frankly shocked at how much slower it was - about 45 sec. But the side benefit is they often end up closer to progression runs; at other times of day I usually start out too fast.

Feeling the growl again

Yeah.  That might be why I phrased the original post as a comparison of same effort with differing paces.

I don't know why you are asking then?  There are so many variables that go into determining what pace results from a given effort that it would be freakish if it always came out the same.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

I often look for a pinch hitter for my double days.

I've noticed that my afternoon/evening runs tend to be faster, even if it's a double day.  That said, I still love my morning running much more than later in the day.  I guess speed isn't everything.