Ankle Kicking .... OUCH !!! (Read 808 times)

Am I the only one who kicks my inside ankles a few times during a run? I've only been seriously running for about four months now but I can't seem to shake those painful blows. I know it can't be the size of my foot, I only wear a size 8 but holy crap I get black and blue down there. Anybody else??? Any suggestions other than going bare feet? yyz Dead
    FDYYZ

Go Pre!

yup, it happens whe you're tired, legs get lazy and sloppy. Otherwise, you need to make a consious effort to watch your form. I have kicked mine own ankles from time to time but only at the end of a long run, or a hard hill workout. Never black and blue though. Black eye

Go Pre!

By the way, hello fellow Torontonian!
          OMGosh! I thought I was the only one! I had this problem early this year...in fact, I did a hm in Feb and I had a small bloody sore on the inside of each ankle. Undecided It took a few weeks to recover and fix my problem. I think it was just sloppy form Confused I haven't had this problem since.

Jennifer mm#1231

mikeymike

Yup the inside of my left ankle is scarred up from this (for some reason my right foot turns in more than the left.) It was a lot worse in high school track when I did workouts in spikes! Definitely need to concentrate on form more when I'm tired--especially at the end of a long run or workout.

Runners run

JakeKnight

I was assuming this was a Canadian problem. Like your strangely shaped bacon. Or your inability to pronounce the letter "o." But I may have to think aboooot this theory a little more. Eh? Wink

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
              -----------------------------

By the way, hello fellow Torontonian!
                Hello back. What part of TO are you in? I think that guy who looks like an ape is trying to say "a boat". He hasn't tried our strange shapped bacon between two pieces of buttered toast, a slice of cheese, a little mayo and pepper. He wouldn't think out bacon is so funny and oddly shaped after that little north of the border treat. It's always fun poking a little fun at our neighbours on each side of the 49th. Nice to see I am not the only one bashing my ankles senseless. I guess I'll have to make an effort to watch my form a little more closely. Either that or take off the snow shoes while I am running. yyz
                FDYYZ
                Wingz

Professional Noob

Either that or take off the snow shoes while I am running.
                  Tee hee hee hee hee!!! Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

Go Pre!

mmmm bacon...in any shape or form!

BTW - I am in Beaches area. How about you? I ran tonight - SNOW FLURRIES! - grrrr 3 days to the half marathon - it better warm up Smile Dave
                      mmmm bacon...in any shape or form!

BTW - I am in Beaches area. How about you? I ran tonight - SNOW FLURRIES! - grrrr 3 days to the half marathon - it better warm up Smile Dave
                      I'm Port Union and Lawrence. They just opened up the waterfront trail a couple of weeks ago. You can now run a 2K stretch from Port Union going west along the waterfront and then north for almost a K on the Highland Creek Trail. I've been told they want to hook it up with the Beaches some day in the future. That would be a sweet route. I haven't run the new trail yet as I do most of my running at night when the kids are in bed. I don't think I'm brave enough to run it at night. Good luck in the half. I hope to get my first half in next fall. Randy
                      FDYYZ