Garmin uplaod freezes (Read 945 times)

jamibeth

I looked through the forums and didn't see this issue.  The upload process keeps freezing when I'm uploading files from my Garmin 310.  The Garmin has already synced and uploaded to my laptop.  The plugin works and goes through 100% complete, and then it begins "uploading workouts1/98 thorugh 98/98.  when it gets to the end, it then freezes.  Sometimes there is an error message pop-up (but without info as to what failed), and other times it just sites there frozen.

The laptop is running Internet Explorer on Windows XP

kcam

I have a 305 that freezes during the upload as well.  I've found that I can prevent this from happening by putting the 305 in the charging cradle, then turning the 305 ON, then turning it OFF.  It never freezes if I do this BEFORE attempting the upload.  FYI.
      jamibeth

this is the 310.  the data has already uploaded to the PC, so the Garmin is no longer involved.  it's something today with the RunningAhead site and/or Garmin API
        eric :)

The data is not stored on your PC.  It is transferred directly from your GPS to the RA server.  The freezing you experience is an existing Garmin problem.  The only known solution is to hold the Mode and Reset button at the same time for several seconds.  Don't worry, it won't delete your data.  After the data is transferred and is added to your log, you should consider deleting the entries from your GPS.  Having too many entries seems to choke the Garmin too.
          krull_etc

Actually, Eric, you are incorrect  with the Garmin 310.  You're reply would be correct with the Garmin 305, though.  With the 310, the data is uploaded from the Garmin to your PC via the ANT agent.  once this occurs, your Garmin is out of the picture.  the data upload occurs from the data now stored on your PC to to the RunningAhead server. 

Deleting old files on the Garmin might help, though. 

ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

The data is not stored on your PC.  It is transferred directly from your GPS to the RA server.  The freezing you experience is an existing Garmin problem.  The only known solution is to hold the Mode and Reset button at the same time for several seconds.  Don't worry, it won't delete your data.  After the data is transferred and is added to your log, you should consider deleting the entries from your GPS.  Having too many entries seems to choke the Garmin too.

Tried this on my 310xt and it still freezes after the uploading message i get "There was an Error Processing your Request"

Anybody remember where the raw files from the ANT stick are stored?  I don't remember and can't find them or I would just use the upload from file utility.

MTA: the upload feature for Garmin Connect still functions, so it appears to me to be a RA issue.

MTA (again)  I deleted all the historical files from my hard drive , ran a test upload and it worked like a charm.  Perhaps it was because I had over 30 files to upload?

Tri-Kev Here are my favorite links:
              My "kick @ss" running club ;)

Swim 2.4 miles.
              Ride 112 miles.
              Run 26.2 miles.
              Then brag for the rest of your life.
              -Commander John Collins, Ironman Triathlon creator

eric :)

I think I know what the problem is.  The RA server has an upload limit and I think you may have hit it.  I need to increase the limit when I get a chance.