Spam in Messages (Read 95 times)

kcam

Anybody else getting spam personal messaged from user 'thecheetah'?  Dude should be banned.

JMac11

RIP Milkman

Fun fact I learned this week - cheetahs migrated from North America to Africa

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

darkwave

Mother of Cats

Anybody else getting spam personal messaged from user 'thecheetah'?  Dude should be banned.

Yes.  7 invitations to the same "marathon"

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Yes.  7 invitations to the same "marathon"

I only got 4.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

gpageau

I only got one, but it's still not a welcome message.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I got 4. It's really sketchy, but has only happened to me one other time in the last 12 years. If it becomes a thing, we might need a rule that you have to be an RA member for some period of time before you can PM. Maybe there are better ways to handle it.

darkwave

Mother of Cats

I'm wondering if it's a bot parsing through each thread in turn.  So people that participate in more threads get more spam messages.

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

Joann Y

I only got 2. I feel neglected.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I got four or five. I quit counting. I did forward one on to Eric so the dude could be banned.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

rlopez

I thought I posted about this guy, but apparently it was a dream.

Hey, thecheetah? FUCK YOU. GO AWAY.

runningahead - can we have an "ignore" function for PMs? I need it for this guy and a creepy stalker dude.

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

Hey, thecheetah? FUCK YOU. GO AWAY.

Show him your knife!  I was hoping for 8 messages...but only got 4. 

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Hmm, I got another one today, so he's still around.  What rlopez said.

kcam

I got two more today!  That makes about 8 or 9 invites to this 'marathon'.

I'm getting them, too.

Invites to run as marathon from some wild cat. I have no interest in running a marathon, they are too long and too short to interest me.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

I've only gotten one!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth