My daughter's first one mile fun run (Read 819 times)

The voice of mile 18

what was her HR? did you keep track of her cadence? Wink that is awesome. my son is very proud of his medal and tshirt from his first run and loves to show them off.

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

Eat, Play, Run

I'd love to hear more stories from parents of younger kids who are into running... how to balance not pushing them too hard with letting them do what they seem to want to do.
      Me too. I've looked for information about kids and running, and there's not an awful lot of information out there. Checking with the Dr. is a great idea - I'll do that too.

A Saucy Wench

The last 10K I did there was a young boy who did it with his grandma. He finished and everyone was looking for grandma. She came up the hill about 5 minutes later carrying his jacket, gloves, hat, etc. It was fun how excited he was.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

A Saucy Wench

that is awesome. my son is very proud of his medal and tshirt from his first run and loves to show them off.
          My dd has a medal from a kiddie dash she did when she was 2. She is very proud of her running medal...except she thinks she has to wear it EVERY time she runs.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7