Durn teenagers! (Read 1507 times)

Eat, Play, Run

I agree 100%. When it comes to some kids, most of the problem comes from the parents.
    I'd say when it comes to most kids, some of the problem comes from the parents. Unforunately an average/ high IQ is no guarantee that someone will be a good parent.

Arrogant Bastard....Ale

I've never had teenagers throw things at me. It's usually just comments of "Run Forrest Run!!!". On my run yesterday, there were a group of about 5 teenagers walking up ahead of me. They had the whole sidewalk blocked. It was a busy street, so going around them on the road was not an option. Instead I ran right through them, and made on of them drop their Slurpee. Shocked Tongue
      I assume they were walking towards you giving them plenty of opportunity to move?

Junior Amphibian

Thank god for video phones, because if anyone ever hits me with anything while I'm running, I'm taking pictures and calling the cops.

"People ask why I run. I say, 'If you have to ask, you will never understand'. It is something only those select few know. Those who put themselves through pain, but know, deep down, how good it really feels." - Erin Leonard

That's awful! I haven't had that happen but I'm sure it will someday I was a pretty crappy teenager myself. LOL So far the worst thing that has happened is some teenaged boys yelling "hey you, my friend thinks you're hot!!" over and over again. I could barely run I was laughing so hard. I'm hot?! No, sweaty and stinky hot? yes. Big grin
          ~Liz, single mama to K, L & C Pain is nothing compared to what it feels like to quit.

Feeling the growl again

Be thankful, it could have been worse. In early 2004 I was out running and a couple punks shot me from a moving pickup at close range with a paintball gun. I came within an inch of losing an eye. Based on where I was I figured they thought they had a captive target, so I picked up a very large rock. Sure enough, they turned around, passed me on the other side, and turned around 1/4 mile in front of me for a second pass. I waited until the shooter leaned out the window, then took a step into the road and launched the rock as hard as I could. The driver saw me in the act of throwing, swerved, and nearly tossed his buddy out the window. Needless to say he didn't get any shots off. I was rewarded by hearing the rock hit metal of the hood, then a sick "crunch" as it cracked the windshield. They pulled over 1/4 mile past me, the driver waving his hands as he inspected the damage. I did a tempo effort 1/2 mile to to the police station and filed a report with the partial license plate. A few days later I saw the truck again (complete with crack) and got the whole plate. Turns out the kid's aunt had left town and he was watching her place for her and had the keys to her truck. Stupid lazy cops lied to me and made up reasons they "couldn't" file charges, and due to a death in the family I let it go at the time. A month later I had a driver transporting a car without a plate for a Ford factory take two serious passes at trying to hit me on the same road. I'm glad I moved.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

sous

Holy cow, a paintball gun! I almost got hit by a car crossing the street. So far no near death experiences while running, thankfully. Being a pedestrian totally sucks sometimes.
                despite no longer been a teenager i'll stand up for some of them and say that the majority of teenagers are fine, heck there are a lot of teenagers that are actually athletes and run themselves. Not all teenagers bad - just the tools that throw stuff at you, but there are people like that in any age group. Hank

Just running for the fun of it!