Best 5 Fingers Style Shoe (Read 39 times)

Kataki

I wanted to try some Vibrams, but unfortunately they don’t make a women’s shoe in my size. I am looking at the men’s version, the Seeya, for running. I would mainly be using these on a treadmill and roads.

For anyone that uses the Seeya, would you say the fit is on point, or runs /small/large?

My foot measurements are 10 1/2” L (longest toe) so I am looking at either a 42 or 43. I’d like to wear some thin Injinji socks with them as well.

OR if anyone can recommend another Vibram style that they really love for running, I’m open to that too.

Thanks Smile

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Seeyas won't last long. V-Run is best for general purpose running, and V-Trail is the most robust.  I don't know that it would matter whether you buy women's or men's, once you figure out the right size.  That can probably only be accomplished by trying some on.

rmcj001

The Seeyas are crap -- don't bother.  I've used the komodos, the original bikilas, bikila evos, KSOs and a couple of others.  Women's seem to be narrower and thus tighter on my feet. Haven't used any of the trail versions, for rougher trails I use New Balance minimus. My favorite is the men's Bikila Evos.

The V-Runs looks pretty similar to the Bikila Evos and it's been years since I last purchased a pair.

Ray

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Sadly, as far as I can tell, Bikilas are no longer available.

rmcj001

Led,

Was wondering about that. How do the V-Runs compare to the Bilila Evos?  Other then they look like they're a bit more expensive...

Thanks!

Ray

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Led,

Was wondering about that. How do the V-Runs compare to the Bilila Evos?  Other then they look like they're a bit more expensive...

Thanks!

I haven't tried an EVO in years, but I think it has a pretty light sole.  The Bikilas and V-Runs have thicker, more aggressive treads, and hence will last longer.

I just keep checking prices online, and when I get lucky and see a lower price for my size, I snatch it up.