August "Virtual 5K/5Mile" invitation to all RunningAHEAD members (Read 968 times)

Wingz

Professional Noob

Good luck, everyone! This is the big weekend! I hope the heat breaks for all of us - boy it's been hot! Black eye Check out The Rules for our Virtual 5K/5M race at: http://www.geocities.com/yanelh/the_rules.html. I had a lot of fun making them, so I hope you enjoy them! Submit your times for the race online at: http://www.geocities.com/yanelh/results_form.html. I'll have the results up as soon as possible! Did you miss the sign-up? You can still join in the fun by submitting your time online. Of course, the entry fee is doubled for latecomers... Wink Janell

Roads were made for journeys...

Janell, Love the "Mellon Cat!" This week end is bad for me to "race." Are you planning any other races in the future? John

Discipline is never an end in itself, only a means to an end. (RF)

Wingz

Professional Noob

Trying to do this the first weekend of every month. See you next month, maybe? Janell

I can't believe I forgot to sign up! Can you add me to the list? I promise that if by some strange twist of events I earn a podium spot I will relinquish it to someone who signed up in time. Big grin I had a moonlight race last night. I just added it to your race page! Thanks!!!!
          "Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways.... totally worn out ....shouting...."Holy S**t....What a ride!"
          Wingz

Professional Noob

Rob - some confusion on your time entry... you marked 5K and put your time down in the 5 mile slot... I'm assuming it's a 5K time. If it's a 5 mile time let me know ASAP, ok? Late entries always welcome! Smile Janell

bas

Trying to do this the first weekend of every month.
              Ah, saw all this after my run which was A. too long and B. not very race-like. And tomorrow? Not likely! Anyway, this is fun! Too much so to send you a 5K I have run at some other date... Besides, you would find it on my log! Big grin But now that I know that you do this weird race on a monthly basis... Ahl Be Bak! Wink

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East

Wingz

Professional Noob

"Weird race?" Hey, who you callin' weird? Clowning around See you next month!

bas

"Weird race?" Hey, who you callin' weird? Clowning around
                  Ehm, oops! That was of course before I checked the rules and saw "Fluffy" Roll eyes

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East

Wingz

Professional Noob

Heh heh heh. That's one big cat! Shocked Big grin

Wingz

Professional Noob

Don't let your name end up on the wall of shame! The following people signed up for the race but have not yet submitted a time: ttmalek Erunama minnlax zoom-zoom revans Mile Collector C'mon, guys! Let's get those times in!

Hi Janell, My submission was quicker than my running!!!! Wink I've re-sent it to the website so hopefully will reach you this time??!! If not please let me know. Smile Cheers, FC
                        Wingz

Professional Noob

Gotcha! Times will be coming out shortly!

Wingz

Professional Noob

Hi Janell, My submission was quicker than my running!!!! Wink I've re-sent it to the website so hopefully will reach you this time??!! If not please let me know. Smile Cheers, FC
                            FC - You submitted the same time. If that was not correct let me know as I'll need to fix it on the results page!

Wingz

Professional Noob

Results are in!!! Nice job, runners! We had 5 new PR's this time! The course records held... for one more month! Come see how you and everyone else did! www.geocities.com/yanelh/results_page.html I look forward to seeing you all at next month's race, to be held Sept 2-3! Janell

Ooops!! Crossed wires there Blush Time submitted is correct!! Well done everybody and thank you Wingz for organising this. It got my behind out of bed for 0630hrs Shocked just to run it so was a good thing for me that's for sure. Smile FC