Hey, mom... (Read 660 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

This is the exchange that just took place between my son (7) and I: DS: Hey, mom...if you ever want to win a race you just need to throw marbles on the course so all of the people behind you fall. Me: Uhh...that wouldn't be very nice. DS: Oh, is that cheating. Me: Yeah. DS: Darn. Bwahahaha...where does he come up with this stuff?! Tongue *starts looking for bargains on bags of marbles*

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Another Passion

He's a devious didlet! Heh! Evil grin

Rick
      "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
      "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
      runningforcassy.blogspot.com

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

He's going to be a menace, methinks... Black eye

~ Sarah Kay

$24.95 for 1000 Not that I would ever condone such a thing.
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

$24.95 for 1000 Not that I would ever condone such a thing.
            I'll bet I can find them cheaper than that, even. I'm a whiz with the web bargains... Evil grin

~ Sarah Kay

#artbydmcbride

Didn't Wile E. Coyote try that once? He got his marbles from ACME I believe. Big grin

Runners run

jeffdonahue

This is the exchange that just took place between my son (7) and I: DS: Hey, mom...if you ever want to win a race you just need to throw marbles on the course so all of the people behind you fall. Me: Uhh...that wouldn't be very nice. DS: Oh, is that cheating. Me: Yeah. DS: Darn. Bwahahaha...where does he come up with this stuff?! Tongue *starts looking for bargains on bags of marbles*
                I see a few problems here - first off you would need to be in the lead at the start of the race in order to drop the marbles. Second, you would need to stay in the lead and hence might need someone to reload the marbles about a mile later or so. Here's a quote from my son (5) after a 5K last Fall where I pushed him and his sister in a jogging stroller while I ran alongside my 10 year old. "Hey mom, Shelley and I beat dad!" Next time, I'm dragging the jogging stroller behind me. Smile also, we were all wearing costumes (my son and I were spiderman and my daughter was bat-girl) and the race director made a point to come over to me after the race and tell me that unfortunately I was the third super-hero to finish. Once again, need to drag the stroller behind me.
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I see a few problems here - first off you would need to be in the lead at the start of the race in order to drop the marbles. Second, you would need to stay in the lead and hence might need someone to reload the marbles about a mile later or so. Here's a quote from my son (5) after a 5K last Fall where I pushed him and his sister in a jogging stroller while I ran alongside my 10 year old. "Hey mom, Shelley and I beat dad!" Next time, I'm dragging the jogging stroller behind me. Smile also, we were all wearing costumes (my son and I were spiderman and my daughter was bat-girl) and the race director made a point to come over to me after the race and tell me that unfortunately I was the third super-hero to finish. Once again, need to drag the stroller behind me.
                  Yeah...I'd have to start at the front for the plan to work...OR have a friend drop a box of marbles just as the lead runners approach -- "Animal House" style. Evil grin Love that your kids were so proud to "beat" you. Wink *runs off to look for ACME marbles*

~ Sarah Kay