Camelbak Ques. ? (Read 1087 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hey, for anyone who might be familiar with these, can you tell me if the tubing can be removed from the bladder? The instructions are VERY vague. It looks like all parts *should* be removable (and I was able to easily pull the tubing from the bottom of the mouthpiece), but I can't get it to separate from the bladder entry point and I don't want to go yanking on it and rip anything. TIA, Kirsten

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

One other question--should there be any sort of rubber o-ring/gasket in the cap or around the mouth of the bladder (like most sports bottles have to prevent leakage)? Mine doesn't appear to have anything like that and when filled has a slow leak around the cap. I contacted The Sports Authority (where I ordered it from) and they are going to authorize its return, assuming it's missing a part. Also...as long as I will be returning it and re-ordering another one, might I want a bigger model? The one I will be returning is a 28oz. The next size up is 45. I don't yet do long runs, but I am a MAJOR sweater and also am pretty heat-sensitive. So I'm thinking I might be better off just going ahead and ordering a larger one. Any BTDT or opinions? k

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

I got a camelback from Dick's earlier in the year. They must have discontinued the model because I can't find it and I don't know the model number. I've never taken the tubes apart... maybe I should? You said yours came with instructions? Instructions? What instructions? Mine's supposed to be 1 1/2 liters. How many oz. is that? I find it's just right for me for a 2 hr run if it's not too hot out, and not quite enough if it's really hot. Janell

Roads were made for journeys...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

1.5L...I think that's close to the bigger pack that I am looking at, and that.s 1.4L/45oz. Yours must be closer to 50oz. Is yours a backpack style model? Sounds like the 45oz. is probably a better size for me than the 28 that I will be returning. I am not yet up to "long" runs, but I do sweat a lot when it's hot, so better to have too much water, rather than not enough. Hey, and does your cap have any sort of rubber gasket dealy? The leak around my cap wasn't fast, by any means, but by the end of a run I would likely have a wet butt--I get enough of that from being a sweat hog--I don't need help, LOL! Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

It's a fanny-pack style that was billed as being for women. I'm looking at the cap where I fill it up, and no, there's no gasket there. It doesn't leak though. the tube connects to the edge of it, and there _is_ something gaskety-looking there, but I'd be hard pressed to describe it to you. I often have a wet lower back too... but mine's just from sweating! I sweat a lot, and having something pressed against my lower back just makes for a wet spot. I have some problems with the fit of the pack when I'm taking a walk break - my arms drop down to a longer swing when I'm walking and they rub against those neat little side-pockets this model has. I really like the pockets, and I've tried pushing the whole thing down lower on my hips, but I still find it gets in the way. But in all I'm very pleased with it.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hmmm...maybe something around the cap or mouth of the one I got is weird, then. What color is yours? I wonder if it's an earlier version of the Flashflo, which is the one I will likely be replacing my defective Catalyst with. I believe that is the same model that Eryn/backroadrunner also recently ordered. I went looking for reviews of the various Camelbak waist packs and they were all pretty unanimously positive. I can't wait to have one when we get hot, again (which we will--I think now is the cool lull in between the heatwaves). Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hmmm...and I'm having little luck finding online instructions for any Camelbak units. I'll keep looking, though. What came with the pouch I bought was mainly just basic cleaning stuff. k

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

It's neon yellow! Not my first choice, but I liked the design.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It's neon yellow! Not my first choice, but I liked the design.
                    You know, I think I ran across an older model Flashflo in bright yellow while searching for the best price on one. Yours certainly sounds about the same size as the current ones. And I'm glad to hear you like it (and that it doesn't leak), since I think I will probably get that model. k

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

Are you ordering on-line? If you can link a picture of it here I can tell you if that's what I got.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Janell, is this yours: This is the one I ordered: I ended up grabbing it at Campmor--price was about $5 more than the cheapest I found, but they have flat-rate shipping and a few other items I needed that were cheap (wicking undies, stopwatch). I really think I will like it. It's a bit bigger than the Catalyst, but I am guaranteed to have enough water for a very long run in hot weather. I hope this one doesn't have the leaky cap issue. If it does I may see if I can find a rubber o-ring of the right size to try. BTW, totally OT, but I love the kittty in your profile pic! I have 4 feline furbabies of my own! Your kitty almost looks a bit like a flame point himalayan. Beautiful animal! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

Actually, that's not my bag. I think I may have an off-brand one. I couldn't find a brand or model number on it anywhere! But it works and I like it, so who cares? Hope you like yours as well! Looks like you won't have the same side-pocket issue I have. My kitty's a red-tipped birman - or so the vet said. His momma was a street kitty, and he was just a little white ball of fluff... he's gotten rusty as he's gotten older - must have been too much bathing! <g> I'll tell him you thought he was beautiful. I'm sure he'll agree... Big grin Janell</g>

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ahhh...a birman. Ok, that makes sense. I think they are essentially shorter-haired versions of himalayans (which are basically a long-haired Siamese, I believe). He's a handsome guy. Smile k

~ Sarah Kay