Age-Equivalent (Read 725 times)

tnorris

Is there an age-graded performance data field in the log? (time and %)  If not, is there a way it could be added?  Thanks.  Tom

eric :)

Hi Tom,

I don't think a field is needed since the information is calculated, so why not calculate it on the fly?  I've been thinking about age grading the data.  I'll add it as soon as I get hold of a decent formula for it.

eric Smile

tnorris

That would be great.  Thanks Eric!

Dunno if it helps any, but ...

I use THIS SITE.  They say:

Note that the factors are stored in this page, in Javascript, so that you can save the page to your local machine for use as an off-line calculator....

This calculator uses the 2006 Age-grading factors, which have been partially updated in 2010, by Alan Jones.

See also: Master's track website. Factors available as Excel file.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Tramps

Hi Tom,

I don't think a field is needed since the information is calculated, so why not calculate it on the fly?  I've been thinking about age grading the data.  I'll add it as soon as I get hold of a decent formula for it.

eric Smile

The older I get, the more attractive this idea becomes. Smile

Any updates?

Be safe. Be kind.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

The simplest solution would be to add an AG calculator under the Resources/Calculators page. The link CliveF provided should have all that's needed. Adding that to the PR page would be a nice touch.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.