Top 5 Coffee Cities in the US (Read 606 times)

..based on #/capita 5 - Portland,Or Vancouver, WA 2.0 4 - Bellingham, WA 2.1 3 - San Francisco 2.2 2 - Seattle, WA Bellevue, WA Everett, WA 2.5 drumroll........ 1 - ANCHORAGE, AK 2.8 Oh,yes, we are fully caffeinated over here!!! After much research, I came to the conclusion that my skinny vanilla latte is the perfect post run recovery beverage combining that delicate balance of fat-free 4:1 ratio of carb to protein.... Big grin What's your favorite java?

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
    Thyroid Support Group

Seattle will ALWAYS be coffee capital of the world (to me lol) I mean they basically have a Seattle's Best coffee , Tully's and Sarbucks on every corner. Of course me being from Seattle , NO WAY influences my feelings Wink

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

We have fabulous coffee in Nashville. And no, it is not Starbucks. Yes, we also have Starbucks, but why would I go there when the coffee at Bongo Java and Fido is so much better?
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I like the coffee in my kitchen. Wink Someday I would like a real espresso/cappuccino machine, too...but I won't settle for one of those cheap, plastic ones, so it's just a fantasy at this point. I think one has to spend a couple hundred bucks for just a mediocre one. We have a nice little stovetop espresso maker, though...but no way to get good froth. So what's everyone's favorite coffee for brewing at home? I really like Godiva and Ghiradelli. Hey, they know chocolate and that comes from beans, too. And my favorite flavors always have hazelnut in them in some capacity. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

what's everyone's favorite coffee for brewing at home?
            Did I mention Fido and Bongo Java? They roast their own beans and sell them. Or you could roast your own. http://www.morecoffee.com
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Or you could roast your own. http://www.morecoffee.com
              I have a friend who has done that. It definitely would be fun to try. Have you ever done it yourself? k

~ Sarah Kay

Starbuck burns their coffee so I've never been much of a fan of theirs. I'd rather go to one of the smaller java shops myself but seing that I live in BFE, PA I drink whatever my dh makes (he's gotten some pretty good Organic fair trade coffee from Wegmans that is pretty good).

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yeppers. I have done this in a big cast iron skillet on my stove top, with all my windows open. There is a lot of smoke involved. And you have to shake them up periodically in a collandar in the sink to blow off the skins. Godd stuff, a lot of fun.
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'll bet it smells amazing when you do that! I definitely want to look into that. We have a coffee company near us (great ground and whole bean coffee) that I believe sells raw beans and flavorings and stuff. I should wander down there sometime.

~ Sarah Kay

Dog-Love

We got our first Starbucks in Juneau last month but I will always opt for Heritage Coffee or Raven's Cafe. And when in Anchorage it is Kaladi Brothers (something like that!) Juneau is probably the only state capitol without a 1) Taco Bell 2) Burger King 3) Kentucky Fried Chicken 4) In and Out 5) Chuck e Cheese 6) Wendy's 7) you name it...we don't have it and this is not always a good thing.
                      Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)