Google Street view? (Read 131 times)

delicate flower

I don't see Google Street View as being an option any more when looking at the map of a route.  Was that turned off, or am I just not seeing it?  Not a huge deal, but it was a fun toy to play with.

<3

an amazing likeness

If you have your map set to Google maps ("Map" in the list of map sources) -- you should have the Street View "pegman" down in the lower right corner of the map, above the + and - scale controls.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Outside Lane

My wife was checking for mail in our mailbox at end of driveway when the Google Street View car came by.

See how they run...

delicate flower

If you have your map set to Google maps ("Map" in the list of map sources) -- you should have the Street View "pegman" down in the lower right corner of the map, above the + and - scale controls.

You mean when I am looking at the activity map on my log entry?  I don't see a google option there.  I see satellite, topo map, USGS, Bing, Bing Aerial, OSM.

<3

an amazing likeness

You mean when I am looking at the activity map on my log entry?  I don't see a google option there.  I see satellite, topo map, USGS, Bing, Bing Aerial, OSM.

For a map in your workout, ie:

Log -> Workout (or Calendar) -> Open a Workout created via GPS upload

Click on Map tab (tabs are Splits | Graphs | Map)

Map opens in frame

There is a "pegman" in the lower right, just above the map scale + and "-";  drop the pegman on the map to see Streetview of that location

For a map in the Measure Route tool -- the pegman to get Street View is there in the lower right, just drop it on the map.

But, I'm getting the sense that I didn't really understand your question and am answering something other than what you asked.

HappyFeat

For a map in your workout, ie:

drop the pegman on the map to see Streetview of that location

Ummm...how do you undo it?

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

an amazing likeness

Ummm...how do you undo it?

When you are in the Street View mode, there is a small control panel in the upper left of the map, there's a left arrow in that control panel that flips you back to standard map mode.

HappyFeat

Thanks, MT. Cool feature!

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

delicate flower

But, I'm getting the sense that I didn't really understand your question and am answering something other than what you asked.

THERE IT IS!  You understood and answered exactly what I was looking for.  Much appreciated.  

<3

delicate flower

Obviously that function was there all along and I forgot how to use it, because noob.

<3

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

My wife was checking for mail in our mailbox at end of driveway when the Google Street View car came by.

I was out for a run and saw it 3x.  ~6 months later I was famous!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I was out for a run and saw it 3x.  ~6 months later I was famous!

Cool!  I see if you swing around and view your front, Google has blurred key parts of you.  Smile

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Cool!  I see if you swing around and view your front, Google has blurred key parts of you.  Smile

They've kind of changed things with how that's viewed, too.  Used to be I could view myself from the side and whatever they did with the image made me look 6 months preggers.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay