Are Oakleys or Rudy Project worth the price? Alternatives? (Read 170 times)

JerryBZA

Runs with the pack

I  think I've had my Oakley Half Jackets for about ten years. They last a long time.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I was able to superglue my frames, so hopefully can buy another 6 months or so out of them.  Then our optical insurance will cover another pair of frames up to something like $130.  I'm leaning towards Oakleys, since I can easily change out new script lenses each time it changes, assuming the frames hold up well.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Cyberic

I have Oakleys with prescription in them, and have had Oakleys without prescription before. Don't remember the model names, but they curve on the face and have two glasses (unlike the bicycle ones). Since you're asking about durability, I find them very durable. I've never had a pair break. Everytime I departed with a pair, it was because I lost it.

My problem, though, is not the durability, but the fogging up. They curve well on my face and the humidity doesn't have enough escape room, or something. I bought them before my running days, and never thought of that when I bought them.

Blue Rocket

All systems Go!

I went the Oakley prescription route recently with a lens that has both progressive (near/far focal length) and Transition (light/dark shading) features. Pricey, but my Health Spending Account helped blunt the impact. I travel every week with my job, so they are my back-up pair of glasses as well. I haven't had any trouble with fogging.

Running Glasses

HermosaBoy

I went the Oakley prescription route recently with a lens that has both progressive (near/far focal length) and Transition (light/dark shading) features. Pricey, but my Health Spending Account helped blunt the impact. I travel every week with my job, so they are my back-up pair of glasses as well. I haven't had any trouble with fogging.

Are those Half Jackets?

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Blue Rocket

All systems Go!

The are Flak 2.0 XL. I got them through my local Spex store. I had a good experience at Spex. All my other glasses, I've gotten at Costco, but they didn't carry prescription Oakley.