Support for Polar Flow with new public API? (Read 133 times)

cpmagin

Hi,

as Garmin did some time ago Polar introduced an API (but in contrast to Garmin without costs) to get data out of Polar Flow.

I'm just wondering if you have plans to implement this to offer automatic synchronization to RA?

More information about the API:

https://www.polar.com/accesslink-api/

Cheers,

Chris

catwhoorg

Labrat

Would be nice.

I use a polar watch as my main tracker these days.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

eric :)

Hi Chris,

I'll plan on working on it later this year. I would need help from you though. I don't have a Polar so I would need to access your data for testing, but that'll come later.

eric Smile

cpmagin

Hi Eric,

I'm happy to hear this! Feel free to come back to me for testing purposes Smile

Cheers,

Chris

I started work on this over a week ago. Because it's one of the oldest areas of the code, I'm working on upgrading it as part of the effort. Therefore it will take longer to complete. Happy New Year!

cpmagin

Hi Eric!

great to hear. Just let me know, if you need support for testing!

Happy New Year as well Smile

Cheers,

Chris

cpmagin

Hi Eric,

any news about integration with Polar?

As the new Polar Vantage arrives in a couple of days, my V800 will retire. Would be a great opportunity to transfer these workouts automatically Smile

Cheers,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for reminding me. It took me a long time to generalize the existing third party authentication code, and then to get Polar's API working (partly because Polar does not conform to the authentication standard that they elected to use). I started to work on importing the data from Polar but my test account has no data for me to play with. I was planning to reach out to you to get access to your data but had to switch gears to fix some bugs. I'll contact you privately to provide directions on how to grant me access to your data for testing.

eric Smile

owljohn

Hi,

I was just wondering if their has been any progress with this. I have replaced my Garmin forerunner with a Polar vantage and was wondering if a link to Polar flow was available.

cpmagin

Hi,

I'm not aware about a progress here, but I did the change from Polar to Garmin - in opposite to you. So I'm not waiting any more for it...

Cheers,

Chris

pkentor

Eric- count me as one more who'd like to maintain RunningAhead for my log but is encountering difficulty with my new Polar Vantage M. Please advise if there is a way to connect.

Thanks

jmio316

I'll be switching to Polar from Garmin once the Grit X comes in, so I hope RunningAHEAD will look at this again, sometime soon.

Regards,

Chris,

"There's no such thing as bad weather, just soft people." - Bill Bowerman

runlikeagirI

Eric- count me as one more who'd like to maintain RunningAhead for my log but is encountering difficulty with my new Polar Vantage M. Please advise if there is a way to connect.

Thanks

What I've been doing is exporting my runs from polar flow as TCX zip files and uploading them to RA manually.  Not ideal but it works.

giffordpepito

Please advise if there is a way to connect https://validcbdoil.com/best-cbd-water/