Competitive Jerks Racing and Training - 2023 (Read 572 times)

Running Problem

Problem Child

Wow, I’m genuinely impressed with that run regardless of whether the course was short as you’ve never been a speedster. 

Boston is obviously a bit unpredictable with weather/wind direction etc, but you must be confident with that performance and feel in marathon PR shape.

Yeah it’s pretty amazing to consider myself fast for a 5k. Breaking 20 was already a long time goal, and now 4 months after working hard to break 40 for a 10k I’m breaking 19 ‘with authority’ (to reference my CIM title) wondering if I could have done 5:50/mi pace without blowing up or of running a flat course at sea level would matter.  Part of me thinks it wouldn’t for a 5k just because I’ve never been someone who can look at a course and adapt.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

Fishyone

Yeah it’s pretty amazing to consider myself fast for a 5k. Breaking 20 was already a long time goal, and now 4 months after working hard to break 40 for a 10k I’m breaking 19 ‘with authority’ (to reference my CIM title) wondering if I could have done 5:50/mi pace without blowing up or of running a flat course at sea level would matter.  Part of me thinks it wouldn’t for a 5k just because I’ve never been someone who can look at a course and adapt.

You didn't answer the most important question....."did you see pink Jesus or flying unicorns during the last K?"

5K 18:36 (2023), 10K 39:40 (2022), 1/2 1:24:37 (2023), full 2:58:36 (2015) 

JMac11

RIP Milkman

You didn't answer the most important question....."did you see pink Jesus or flying unicorns during the last K?"

JESUS RIDES A PINK UNICORN. GET IT RIGHT.

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

Running Problem

Problem Child

mmerkle thanks. Just trying to keep up with some of the other faster folks here. Also, your workouts this week after the race were "FUCKING NUTS." I don't know where you find your speed but DAMN it makes me jealous.

dwave I have to dig into the race report. Belated congratulations as I saw it on Strava and could tell it was a good race for you. Your training/racing is comparable to a guy I run with sometimes. He does almost everything by feel and I've stressed the importance of understanding feel for marathons with him. What can feel easy in the beginning might not feel easy in the end, and he seems to be adapting to it VERY well.

dk to see the maps I think you have to add it as a screen. Play around with the "RUN" screens. I have Maps on mine (fenix) for my run every street, and it comes in handy at random times. I don't use the auto-scroll feature anymore. The watch face is big enough for me to see pace, distance, and total time on the first screen I can leave it be. For this reason my watch isn't constantly showing me where I'm at. When I need it I manually flip to it, and I have the track showing me where I'm at. If you hold (I think...on the Fenix) the bottom left button it pulls up a menu for the map (while still recording your activity) and has PAN/ZOOM which helps when you want to figure out where you're at, and which way is home in a new area. Sometimes it's nice to be able to see the next two streets, or some upcoming trails, and other times you just need the general idea. I've actually used it in the dark, on a snow covered trail, to run with a buddy on a trail he knew but not when covered for a big patch in the snow. Random times it's come in handy so I kept it as an "always available" feature.

Oh and I went with the fenix from the 235 (935 predecessor I think) for the battery life, and the ruggedness. The weight doesn't seem to bother me anymore, but it WAS a BIG difference when I first started wearing it. I dropped my 235 once and cracked the screen, so maybe see if there are screen protectors for the 935.

Here is what my fenix says the order is....

Menu > Activities & Apps > RUN > Run Settings > Data Screens > add new. MAYBE it's the same on yours.

Mikkey it definately helps the ego to have PR'd the 5k today by as much as I did just because I live at 4,500ft *1,371m) elevation. It's a fast downhill first mile, a surprisingly gradual uphill second mile with a u-turn and then a sweeping right hand 180 turn with another killer hill right at mile 3. Yeah....this really helps me mentally keep powering through and was a great race day prep for running my own race and sticking to MY plan. I watched others go out too fast and they were fine until about the first mile ended at which point I started passing them on my way to mile 2 and imagined they were going to start hurting even more really soon. I think the biggest reason I've never been a "speedster" is because I focused on the marathon when I ultimately made my decision of what distance I liked to run, and it probably helped I ran CIM so many times. I'm sure if I'd stick with 5ks I'd have driven to Sacramento area this weekend for a flat and fast 5k with a lot of elite runners and I'd be trying to break 16 or something ridiculous like that.

steve yeah it's weird to have such low PRs for the shorter distances, and it always comes back to where I focus my efforts. It's been ALL about the BQ for a few years now, and there aren't many 5ks where I live worth running. I'm also a little too occupied/cheap to drag my family 2-3 hours away for a 16 minute run. See my reply to someone above about the elevation I live in, even though you're probably at comparable elevation with LOTS of hills at your disposal.

dave thanks man. How's training coming along? There is still a few more weeks left to get some big runs in.

Fishy I saw no pink unicorns. It was actually more like "okay this is getting really hard, which is supposed to happen so just keep going" with a kick to the finish line after seeing 3.07 on the watch at the top of the "hill."

flavio no Gaga for me. I'll keep trying though.

JMac: Jesus built my hotrod. (inserted using CTRL +C, CTRL+K, CTRL+V)

My Week:

Took it light, and took the advice of folks here. Skipped the 9M workout and went with the 3x2 mile. Kind of modified the schedule. I've been a few weeks behind for workouts according to the calendar, but I've done them in order. I was scheduled to do a 4x1.5 mile and just went out and thought I'd give it a shot. Workout went great. It was cold, but I dressed correctly, and nailed the paces in a "comfortably hard yet contorlled" manner. I get excited and see something fast on my watch then remind myself to save it for race day because the purpose of the workout isn't to have an awesome workout. It's to keep building for the goal race.

It felt like I was sandbagging this whole week after having a week off due to weather. It was also a good training week, and helped me get ready for the 5k today.

5k went perfect. Goal/target/dream/hopes were for 18:30 and I set myself a window of "allowable speed" which included not seeing anything 6:00/mi or slower just because 5ks don't provide the opportunity to make up for slow runs when going for the PR.

The last run is because I wasn't yet green for my 2023 run team. I WOULD have done it after my race, but I told myself I had it. Glad I checked.

Weekly for period: From: 03/06/2023 To 03/12/2023

<caption>Weekly Grid</caption>
          Date Name mi km Duration Avg/mi Avg/km Elevation Gain
          in ft
          03/06 That time I should have known bettter. 2.33 3.76 00:21:59 09:26 05:51 128
          03/07 That time it’s just a 13 minute cruise. 10.62 17.09 01:19:54 07:31 04:41 187
          03/09 Morning Walk 0.23 0.38 00:05:26 23:37 14:18 30
          03/09 That time I wasn’t quite sure what I was going to do. 6.58 10.58 00:54:27 08:17 05:09 348
          03/10 That time I need to speak with the manager before Boston. 5.47 8.80 00:42:14 07:43 04:48 335
          03/11 That time I just cannot let it go. 5.21 8.39 00:41:42 08:00 04:58 157
          03/12 That time I was mostly concerned I didn’t have a bib. 2.04 3.28 00:17:22 08:31 05:18 52
          03/12 That time it was unofficially a personal best. 3.10 5.00 00:18:22 05:55 03:40 72
          03/12 That time I recovered faster. 3.41 5.49 00:28:10 08:16 05:08 102
          03/12 That time I had to run to the bathroom. 0.10 0.15 00:01:01 10:10 06:47 3

Total distance: 39.09mi

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

flavio80

Intl. correspondent

JESUS RIDES A PINK UNICORN. GET IT RIGHT.

I wonder if this meme I created will outlive me on this forum. I like to think that I'd continue to live based on my "body of work" and be remembered, just like we now remember rbbmoose.

RP - Excellent, I'm happy to see I predicted your time perfectly!
            Yes, I agree you could maybe run sub 18 if you applied your self to it more and ran a flat course at sea level with good weather.
            Also, a 5K trip is much better than a marathon trip. You race the 5k say on Saturday morning and then you can immediately join the family with the sightseeing activities, unlike with a marathon where you can't do anything before and most certainly can't do anything after on account that you can't walk.
            Last but not least, LOL at forgetting the BIB at home, though with however many kids you have it's completely understandable.

DW - I'm happy to see the toe spacers are helping out. It's amazing just how many hurdles you are having to jump to try and be "normal" again.
            But progress is progress.
            One thing that impresses me is just how fast you are in the mile and in the marathon, but somehow the 5k does not align. I wonder if you have some margin on the 5k to improve.

DK - at the immense risk of saying something I know nothing about, I believe you should be able to run "plantar fasciitis" free without those inserts.
            It's something that bothered me for a while but at least in my case I managed it with a massage ball and also a thumb against the fascia to release tension. I assume if you are able to work it out with a good PT you should be able to figure out what works for you (without the insert).

Garmin - as much as I love the brand, I've been watching the smartwatch (no pun intended) arena for a few months. I've come to learn that while Samsung smartwatches suck at GPS tracking, Apple and Google have nearly closed the gap in terms of GPS accuracy, while having better heart rate accuracy. The caveat is that those watches have much worse battery life. However the apple watch is not an option on account that it requires an iPhone and I don't want to have an iPhone. And the Google Pixel Watch is not available as LTE in Portugal. I've seen some people are able to hack it by registering it with a sim card from Vodafone Germany, then replacing that e-sim card with a local e-sim and it seems it could work, but I don't want to do that and have it fail on me when I need it most.

As much as I could be considered a serious runner, I'm also a nerd and the Uber hailing abilities of those watches have a strong lure on me.

Also, in the case of the pixel watch, the ability of using tons of other apps, including and up to writing my own app if I feel like it, the kind of thing that is completely impossible/inconvenient with Garmin.

me - So yesterday I made an attempt at running a portion of the upcoming race which runs on the bed of an old rail line.

It's currently not well cared for, the grass is tall and I believe there's only a narrow one foot trail path in the middle.

However, once I started descending the stairs at the beginning of this portion, I've noticed that there was massive fog and there was mud ahead. Knowing that this portion runs near a considerable cliff, I didn't want to end up on the local newspapers as the idiot who did what he wasn't supposed to, so I backed out up the stairs again. I'll wait until there's a fog-less day to try it out again.

PRs: 1500 4:54.1 2019 - 5K 17:53 2023 - 10K 37:55 2023 - HM 1:21:59 2021

Up next: no idea

Tool to generate Strava weekly

JMac11

RIP Milkman

I wonder if this meme I created will outlive me on this forum. I like to think that I'd continue to live based on my "body of work" and be remembered, just like we now remember rbbmoose.

It's already become a game of telephone and you haven't left yet! 10 years from now it's going to be Julia Roberts riding a green dinosaur.

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

CommanderKeen

Cobra Commander Keen

Flavio - I'd disagree with Garmin going away. There's no one else in the space that is anywhere close on the amount of functionality they offer built-in, even before you get to GPS accuracy and battery life. And one of DWave's key points that's also valuable to me: I get pull my runs off the watch at any time I want, no app or internet service needed at all. So even if Garmin did shut down, I can use my watch until it dies and it's functionality is essentially unchanged. You can't do that with Apple, Coros, Polar, Suunto....

There's also the fact that sports watches are only a tiny segment of Garmin's total business.

Andy - Congratulations on crushing that goal.

Mark - You have wild hedgehogs? That's pretty neat. Good week.

Steve - It seems to me that your coach has a good persepective on these things, keep trucking along.

RP - Congrats on beating the leprechaun like a drum.

Merkle - Excellent week, and stellar LR.

Steve - You seem like a good, reasonable guy. Completely unrelated, you'll love the Endorphin 3s - they're a very nice upgrade from the 1 & 2 (which only really differed in upper details).

Endorphin Pro 3 - This is what I ran for CIM. They're much springier / more cushioned than the 1 or 2. My only complaint is that the heel cup rubbed a blister on my Achilles when wearing my standard no-show socks, so I use crew socks when wearing them now.
                They're old enough that some sort of refresh could be here soon, and I'll certainly stock up on a pair of those and likely multiple pairs of the Speed 3.

Flying with a Garmin - My brother just got his pilot's license and has a buddy with a four-seat Piper Cherokee equipped with a Garmin G1000 flight computer. They can easily (and safely) set the thing to fly a given course at a given altitude and not touch the controls at all between takeoff and landing. It's absolutely cheating compared to using steam dials and even "standard" auto-pilot that only holds heading.

Weird week from me. My piriformis thing vanished, I had a bummer of a workout Wednesday, but good mileage through Friday. DW went for her first run in a long time (delayed while doing PT) Saturday morning, and ended up taking all of the daughters on their own runs as well. This delayed things so much that I figured I'd swap my LR to Sunday. Then Sunday came and I quite frankly didn't feel like doing a LR (18 on the plan) and so I didn't.
                Saturday was neat for DD2. She ran a mile with DW in the morning, then when I got my run in around sunset she wanted to do 2 miles herself - her first double, and her most mileage in a day (up from 2.5)!

in ft
                03/06 Some sort of anniversary 13.00 20.93 01:47:51 08:18 05:09 646
                03/06 2 hawks 5.05 8.13 00:42:19 08:23 05:12 256
                03/07 1 owl 8.05 12.96 01:12:58 09:04 05:38 413
                03/08 2x 2mi tempo, 1mi float 13.51 21.73 01:43:52 07:41 04:47 404
                03/08 Lunch Run 4.05 6.52 00:34:54 08:37 05:21 207
                03/09 1 rabbit 7.15 11.51 01:05:24 09:09 05:41 243
                03/10 3 rabbits & 1 owl 15.01 24.14 02:05:56 08:23 05:13 633
                03/10 Afternoon Run 5.01 8.05 00:43:05 08:36 05:21 154
                03/11 Last 2 with DD2 5.05 8.13 00:52:14 10:21 06:25 269
                03/12 1 cow out 4.05 6.52 00:31:48 07:51 04:53 207

Total distance: 79.93mi

5k: 17:58 11/22 │ 10k: 37:55 9/21 │ HM: 1:23:22 4/22 │ M: 2:56:05 12/22

Upcoming Races:

Running Problem

Problem Child

Racey reporty.

https://www.strava.com/athletes/11771317/posts/23625476

something I omitted from the report is I did NOT drink coffee, or anything, before the race.

keen are the workouts now just a "maintenance" thing, or a "I have a target upcoming race" thing? I thought you were focused on the ultra races now.

dk for the ultra I DID, I didn't sit. I actively avoided it. I can only suggest the same, and part of this was in the mentality of "if you push the easy button NOW you're going to keep pushing it whenever anything seems hard' and I was very afraid the tiniest amount of effort was going to become too hard. I think it helped me until I started walking, and even when I started walking I picked a spot, or a time I was going to start doing "something other than walking" which probably also helped keep me out of a dark place.

VDOT 53.37 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Wcrunner, I couldn’t figure out if by analog timex you still meant one of those old stop watches you could wear on your wrist, or whether it was literally a watch with 2 hands. I ran my first marathons with a digital timex as well, and actually I was focussed on much different things during the race as a result, which was maybe better. 

(again wcrunner) Those certificates are really cool. Races in Germany still do that, too. But not knowing as you cross the finish line what your time is can be a bit of a bummer. A running buddy of mine just ran a half PR last weekend, but she didn’t know until after they posted the results, because she’d missed stopping her watch and the timer showed gun time, obviously. Now she’s happy, but there is that feeling of uncertainty, even unhappiness, immediately after when it should be happiness/relief. Hope you have lots of good PR memories to make up for that. 

Also very cool photo! 

It was a regular wristwatch with hour, minute, and second hands. I pulled the stem to pause the watch, set it for 12:00:00, which was coincidentally the actual race start time, and pushed in the stem to start the watch when the gun sounded.  This was also before chip-timing and corrals, so first come, first serve. I was late getting to the starting line so stuck toward the rear of the 1200 runner field, which means I lost 30-60 seconds getting to the starting line.

Last week was a mixed bag, only 33.2 miles with two days off, one spent sightseeing in Baltimore with my daughter, but I did get in my first back-to-back long runs since mid-September when I first started having ankle pain. I also took a rest day the day before those, since I intended to use that as a measure of my fitness for my upcoming race.  While not where I'd like to be, it has been leaning heavily toward running the 12-hour, instead of the 6-hour. I managed 2:30 on day 1 and 2:00 on day 2.  Five weeks until race day.

Watches:  All I really need is time, distance, pace, and a battery life of at least 13 hours, preferably 25, with a little added leeway so it doesn't die during a race.  I have no intentions of running any races longer than 24 hours.

RP: nice 5K PB. Poorly measured courses are an annoyance, but I began my road racing career with courses often measured by odometer and/or at odd distances because they made a convenient loop. I have races in my log with distance like 6.8 mile, 3.25 miles, 4.6 miles, 7.1 miles, etc; courses billed as 5 miles that were really 4.8 or as 12 miles, but were 11.7.  Definitely made it hard to accurately determine PBs for standard distances and didn't have a Garmin to get a GPS distance (which could be off by 1-3% anyway).

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

flavio80

Intl. correspondent

Keen - No I didn't mean Garmin going away, just losing the top spot in the sports watch market. Nokia is also still around despite what happened to their mobile division.

To be fair the fitness watch market grew after Apple entered so Garmin is profiting more, for now, at least .

Jmac - who knows if this site will still be up in 10 years, maybe the owner retires and everybody migrates to a TikTok group where you read your weeklies out loud while twerking .

RP - a couple of thoughts on your race report.

1. Have you considered taking an Uber to the race? It seems to me like the most obvious choice, driving and parking add so much complexity, though I suppose that thought might be highly offensive to "car people".

2 - am I the only one who pins the BIB to the race t-shirt the night beforeand has shorts t-shirt, socks and shoes selected as well ?

I mean, you have ALL that time the night before, better use it, then come race morning you can just wake up and race.

3 - very well executed race. The third mile of a 5k should suck but the first will always feel too easy especially the first 400m.

4 - you're gonna win VS your buddy within the next 2 years, unless they also got freakish ability, I'm fairly sure now you can run sub 18.

JMac11

RIP Milkman

I agree with Flavio's assessment of the 5K. It's an interesting race as at the 1 mile mark you go "wow this is easy!" and within 5 minutes, you feel like death.

I'll dump off my week here as I had my first training week in a few after recovering from food poisoning. It seems like my body took it hard as I felt like crap the second half of the week and have had zero leg strength. I had to shut down a VO2 max workout today early in the hopes that I can regain my strength by my Sunday half. My realistic goal based on VDOTs for my workouts is 1:16:XX, and that's even slightly aggressive given the course is pretty tough with hills. But I'll leave the 1:15:XX up there, who knows maybe I surprise myself.

I'm looking forward to being done with this half though and getting more training in.

in ft
                        03/06 6x1K (3:20) 10.24 16.47 01:15:19 07:21 04:34 282
                        03/07 Afternoon Run 8.97 14.43 01:07:12 07:29 04:39 190
                        03/08 6x1T (5:48) 12.03 19.36 01:26:52 07:13 04:29 187
                        03/10 Lunch Run 9.47 15.24 01:14:18 07:51 04:53 308
                        03/11 10M (6:11) 13.85 22.28 01:37:55 07:04 04:24 486
                        03/12 Lunch Run 6.48 10.43 00:51:01 07:52 04:53 174

Total distance: 61.05mi

Running Problem

Problem Child

Keen - No I didn't mean Garmin going away, just losing the top spot in the sports watch market. Nokia is also still around despite what happened to their mobile division.

To be fair the fitness watch market grew after Apple entered so Garmin is profiting more, for now, at least .

Jmac - who knows if this site will still be up in 10 years, maybe the owner retires and everybody migrates to a TikTok group where you read your weeklies out loud while twerking .

RP - a couple of thoughts on your race report.

1. Have you considered taking an Uber to the race? It seems to me like the most obvious choice, driving and parking add so much complexity, though I suppose that thought might be highly offensive to "car people".

2 - am I the only one who pins the BIB to the race t-shirt the night beforeand has shorts t-shirt, socks and shoes selected as well ?

I mean, you have ALL that time the night before, better use it, then come race morning you can just wake up and race.

3 - very well executed race. The third mile of a 5k should suck but the first will always feel too easy especially the first 400m.

4 - you're gonna win VS your buddy within the next 2 years, unless they also got freakish ability, I'm fairly sure now you can run sub 18.

1. I’m too cheap. Plus I don’t know if one would have been available.  Also, driving myself allows me to use the car as a gear drop, and I don’t need to wait for anyone for my cool down. Although, running 3 miles closer to home might save me $2. 
                          2. I considered it.  I usually do it for marathons so I don’t forget it. I don’t recall having much time the night before.  Again…race like you train and I’m out of practice.  
                          3. thanks. 
                          4. My buddy is a state champion wrestler.  I think his athletic ability is better, or maybe he is a better short course runner than me.  It’s more of a friendly competition I’m probably making up in my head.  Either way….maybe I will beat him at my goal race and will accept being slower in a local 5k.  

the leprechaun ran it in 20:21

VDOT 53.37 

flavio80

Intl. correspondent

RP - I wanted to mention that I also can never run race pace during workouts, I'm always a bit slower, sometimes as much as 5-10 seconds per km slower. Race day adrenaline is a real thing.

Got it with the Uber thing, I forget Uber is quite expensive in the US, where as I can sometimes go across Porto for 4 or 5 euros.

me - I made a second attempt today at running in the trail that is where the old rail line used to be. I got there and started going down the stairs, they're very uneven and narrow stairs, so you have to be very careful when going down, no guard rails either, so you better not trip, or else ☠️

Once I got to the actual trail after 6 or 7 flights of stairs, it seemed better than I expected. It's a narrow path with full grass on both sides and you run about 1 to 1.5m from a 25m cliff, better not trip here either. However I was not even 200m in the trail and I found out the path was blocked. There was a heavy machine there and it seems they were flattening the ground. I know the city has 2 plans for that path, one being a bike lane and another being an electric rail line connecting downtown to the main train station, but not sure if this is related, probably not.

Anyway, my plans got busted and I had no choice but back out and climb up the stairs back.

I actually had to walk down the stairs and up some of the stairs, so when the mile clicked it was an 11:40 😂, I hope I don't lose all that time on race day. But this was the plan though, I know if I get familiarized with the path I should be able to traverse it faster on race day.

Oh, and I also ran with the Altra Lone Peak 6 for the first time. They're amazing, and VERY grippy, they'll probably become my go to shoe for rainy days in the future.

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

I was at the gym this morning on the treadmill and this girl wearing a face mask steps onto the one right next to me and plonks a bottle of sanitiser into the drinks holder. I wouldn’t have thought too much about it…except for the fact that it wasn’t busy and she could’ve used another one with more space with nobody on either side - we have 22 treadmills in total. WTF?  Maybe it’s her favourite treadmill and will only use that one regardless? Or maybe she wants to run close to me as I’ve got a great running stride? Who knows…

RP - I read your RR on Strava…once I had a spare 30min.    I agree with Flavio, if the bib is posted out then it will be pinned to my top the night before!

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

Running Problem

Problem Child

Flavio It might just be the area I'm in. Where I live is more suburbs, and I just don't use uber. It seems like a "big city folk" kind of thing. I'm a little more "out in the country" type. I looked right now. From my house to the exit on the freeway I'd take to get to the race Uber says about .$24 There is only an uber X. I'd also need a ride home so €22.38 twice, and I could still forget my bib. If I lived closer to downtown I probably would uber more. For the price of an uber I could fill my truck 1/4 tank and drive there with the glory of knowing it might make rlk upset I'm not cycling to the start in 30 degree temps. 

Hopefully on race day there is no heavy equipment on the course. If there is I highly recommend asking someone to take a picture of you driving it. I did this one time on a mountain run where someone left their off road toy stuck in the snow, and since it was on the North Side they weren't goin to have snow melting any time soon. Dishonest me would have loved to take it apart and sell parts from it.

Today I Learned...pressing Alt + 0128 then releasing Alt creates the symbol for European currency. €! is $1.07.

Apple DEFINATELY made Garmin and Coros step up their watch game. I think Garmin was at a point of 'what do we do next to make our watches worth $1,000 because $600 just isn't cutting it.' SOLAR POWER!

mikkey oh just wait until Boston. I'm pretty sure for Western States one year I broke it into 3 parts. I was actually just thinking "should I bring the lap top for the flight home so I can write my story? I'll probably look like I'm working and deserve to be in first class."

VDOT 53.37