Zits (Read 1175 times)

I like popping them. Wink I tend to get them on the sides of my head near my eyes and forhead. Overall, my diet did more for my skin then anything else. Here's what I use from Neutrogena, and I find it works pretty good. Cheap moisturizers, I use no longer sold at my CVS/Walgreens/Target/Walmart I stick away from hair spray, gel, and all the normal hair goop crap. modal (who would have liked to have done something with dermatology so he could see boils getting extracted on a daily basis Big grin )

Vim

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah, I almost never wear makeup or put stuff in my hair...I wish I could blame those things on my zits. I think mine are mostly hormonal. Weird thing is that I didn't have a whole lot of issues back in Jr. high and HS. Oh, and the packaging for the moisturizer I use now looks more like this: I like their foaming face wash, too. It's one of those little suds pump things. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Go to a dermatologist. They know best what to do. Good luck with that.
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Go to a dermatologist. They know best what to do. Good luck with that.
          I was set to do that at one point...or even look into something like Differin creme from my PCP, but the Neutrogena stuff seems to be magic for me. Right now I have almost no evidence of acne. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

i love neutrogena stuff-- reliable... and cheap! (i like origins and it does well w/ my skin, but it's quite a bit more expensive!). another drug-store brand i've had luck w/ over the last year and a half, zoom, is aveeno. when the last of my neutrogena junk got used up, i was traveling and couldn't find it-- so i picked up some Positively Radiant facial moisturizer, spf 30 and my face has been great! -- less sun, no breakouts, and the scent is not as strong as the neutrogena stuff, so i actually prefer it. also, the neutrogena stuff i *was* using had hydroxy acids in it for skin-smoothing and "evening-out" properties or whatever, but everything i know about skin and skin products tells me that the hydroxy acids pretty much undo the SPF in the product. i also keep a ziplock baggie or little plastic tub of facial wipes in my running bag, so that if i run after work and don't have access to shower or sink right away, i can at least wipe the grime and grease off my face and neck to curb breakouts. i've tried stridex (found them too drying), olay, ponds, biore, dove and aveeno (all okay, but i felt like they left something on my face, which i didn't like (didn't break out, but i felt like it was always luck keeping it that way). so now i make my own-- i mix up distilled water & witch hazel and add a couple drops of of a custom essential oil blend, and and soak a couple of cotton pads in it. they keep just fine in there for a week or two. i used to add vodka, too, which kept them fresh even longer, but in winter it got a little drying. so i seem to have worked out something that keeps my face clear... now if only i could find something that would do the same for my shoulders! i always run w/ sunscreen, but have yet to find a sunscreen that doesn't cause me to break out, especially when paired w/ sweat and dirt. "noncomedogenic," my butt.