Elf On A Shelf = creepy (Read 1088 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

And they are starting to show up on my FB feed.  I may have to temporarily remove friends from my news feed until after the holidays.  *shudder* It's like clowns...or mimes.  Those things have eyes that follow a person around the room.  Eesh.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Agreed!
      FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

I concur!

My son likes the book, but there is something so Chucky-like about the elf doll. No thanks.

Village people

If that creepy thing keeps my kids in line, I am all for it. Of course, I have told my kids that there are monsters under the bed to keep them in their beds. 

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm really glad they became a thing after my DS was too old for them.  But he thinks they're creepy, as well.  Chucky...precisely!

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

If that creepy thing keeps my kids in line, I am all for it. Of course, I have told my kids that there are monsters under the bed to keep them in their beds. 

I got so lucky -- my kid was always good about bedtime when he was little (in recent years, not so much.  He started stalling more around age 9 or 10).  He has generally been like my brother as a little kid.  My brother was famous for crawling into bed and putting himself to sleep when he was tired as a toddler.  Only fair, since I gave my parents hell about bedtime.

~ Sarah Kay

Jill_B

I fly.

And they are starting to show up on my FB feed.  I may have to temporarily remove friends from my news feed until after the holidays.  *shudder* It's like clowns...or mimes.  Those things have eyes that follow a person around the room.  Eesh.

Every time I read "Elf on a shelf" I immediately think of Alf.  Because that's not at all creepy.

Bring it on.

Creepy, for sure.

And it wouldn't have worked for my brother and me, we would have tortured it for folly and to test its powers.

xhristopher

All I can say is fuck the elf on the shelf. It was never remotely cute in the first place. I know. I'm a Scrooge. Sue me.

Feeling the growl again

All I can say is fuck the elf on the shelf. It was never remotely cute in the first place. I know. I'm a Scrooge. Sue me.

"Elf on a shelf"?  

Sounds like a target.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Supersono99

Clown

It works on my kidsSmile

I can see the Chucky, creepy factor though. Our Elf is staring at me right now

Village people

I got so lucky -- my kid was always good about bedtime when he was little (in recent years, not so much.  He started stalling more around age 9 or 10).  He has generally been like my brother as a little kid.  My brother was famous for crawling into bed and putting himself to sleep when he was tired as a toddler.  Only fair, since I gave my parents hell about bedtime.

My kids used to gang up on me. They are better now, but there are still a few little ones to keep in line. 

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Creepy, for sure.

And it wouldn't have worked for my brother and me, we would have tortured it for folly and to test its powers.

I think it would have worked on my sister, but my brother and I were born skeptics.

~ Sarah Kay

xhristopher

"Elf on a shelf"?  

Sounds like a target.

It sounds like you have hunting season on the mind. 

A Saucy Wench

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7