Carrying powder (Read 1540 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

Ziploc bags work for me. When you're ready to use tear off a corner and dump into the bottle, that way the powder goes where intended. This requires one bag per dose, obviously.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

I haven't tried them but Platypus bottles could be worth a try, put the powder in them add water when needed, but they sure are pricey.

I haven't tried them but Platypus bottles could be worth a try, put the powder in them add water when needed, but they sure are pricey.

My son uses an older version of those Platypus bottles for backpacking and while he loves them for water, they are a pain in the ass to clean when he puts Gatorade, etc in them.

And +1 for ziplocks, I've stored Tums and S-caps in them many times over the years and haven't had a problem. I haven't used them for powder, but if you don't use the knockoffs, you'll probably be fine. I'm also a fan of the bag within the bag principle for keeping stuff dry.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Why is it sideways?

Shelter me from the powder and the finger.

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

What about small baby bottles. My twin grandsons started on 2 1/2 oz bottles with screw cap that should hold work for holding powder. In fact that's what DD2 does when she takes the boys out. Puts formula in some 5 1/2oz bottles and water in one or two 8oz bottles.

bob e v
            2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

What is the best way to carry sports drink powder?  Whenever I use plastic bags or ziplocks, they open and the powder gets all over everything. 

I've used pleated (not zip-lock) sandwich baggies. One serving per bag. To close, twirl the opening and tie an overhand knot. Shouldn't open or break.

Single servings can be dumped into bottle and baggie discarded.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Prince of Fatness

Shelter me from the powder and the finger.

Cover me with the thought that pulled the trigger.

Not at it at all. 

xor

Cover us with the blanket and pull my finger.

(said with a dutch accent)

Cover me with the thought that pulled the trigger.

Think of me as one you'd never figured

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Which of course raises the following question: what will TSA do when I travel with a bunch of small ziplock bags full of white powder as I go through security?

Imminent Catastrophe

Which of course raises the following question: what will TSA do when I travel with a bunch of small ziplock bags full of white powder as I go through security?

Cavity search. Enjoy.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Then you'll want to store them in condoms and shove'em up yer bunghole... just to see if the TSA folks are on their toes. Smile

Then you'll want to store them in condoms and shove'em up yer bunghole... just to see if the TSA folks are on their toes. Smile

If they're not on their toes then maybe he will be from the insertion process!  lol

"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas"  Davy Crockett