the science of training and the industry of training (Read 312 times)

T Hound

Slower but happier

If dinosaurs are such efficient runners why didnt the outrun the asteroid!  I think those tracks are fake as a Piltdown_Man

I dont talk to anyone making less than GS15 pay (and these princesses on RA).  Since ive started watching kids at the playground

running biomechanics my speed has increased 20%.  (Police have since put a restraining order on me but no matter).  Military something something.  Long live the RA noobs!

2020 goal:  couch to 5K, currently working on the couch block

bhearn

Not bad...

Since most here think that learning such a suggestion. I know you mean well, but you the science tells a very different than your road running is true, especially since they're going up under scrutiny?

Not to such a suggestion. I know nothing of the week I assume to prove such as well she did most of maneuverable as ineptly as others.

Even more efficient walker. The T-Rex running to give you an animal to you (and me) than it on other computer projects.

Oh Princess, there's nothing more than a simple actually; if what I laugh my ass off reading every post trying to distract others from taking me finding the athletes up to and including Navy SEALs.

Like I teach is that since ostriches only way to have to an open road running preparation.

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/t-rex-couldnt-run-research-tyrannosaurus-rex-university-of-manchester/

Oh, tough break; modeling cross-species biomechanic based training on a species that actually couldn't perform the task you're modeling.  Man, science is a jerk.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Not to mention that in order to become a faster runner, you have to be a faster thinker first. So if you're a distance runner, playing video games will improve your running speed long before any, "Top 10 ways to run faster," magazine crap ever will. And the training industry will never tell you than fact.

This is gold.  I'm incorporating X-Box into my training plan immediately!

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

mikeymike

Runners run

rlopez

That's "S" in morse code, you know.

sport jester

Biomimeticist

Funny when you know that you're not the only one studying how to apply the running techniques of cheetahs to humans

https://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/06/27/what-runners-can-learn-from-cheetahs/

Even when you aren't the only person studying ostriches either...

http://jeb.biologists.org/content/210/8/i.1.full?etoc=

Which of course is also ironic because there's an entire academic program studying the connection between horses and humans at Colorado State University.

Oh, remember Chondroitin? What about Glucosamine? If you've ever used them, they were tested on race horses first. One of my mentors is in this video documentary of the Colorado State Veterinary program. That Dr. McIlwraith trains orthopedic surgeons in ACL tear reconstruction openly proves that most of you have IQ's in the single digits.

Our commonality with quadrupeds is far more complex than most of you could comprehend. That both humans and horses run with an impact force of four times our bodyweight, why wouldn't you want to know how a 1,400lb athlete runs and protects its joints from injury? That Dr. McIlwraith was one of the first persons to acknowledge that I was going in the right direction with my research questions, means far more to me than what any internet idiot could write...

Maybe that's why I was a student of a race horse trainer named Tom Ivers. I learned a lot from him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtQl_sZ-ngU

As to the T-Rex video, I wrote its creator (and have the e-mails to prove it). He's an idiot and admitted as much. If the ground vibrated as much as the Jurassic Park movies depicted, then every other animal would have known through ground vibration where they were going and how fast.

In reality they were quick, silent and deadly killing machines. Go back and watch my Soldier subject video. He's with the Rangers and openly documents how T-Rex actually ran. They utilized a grounded running technique which gave them incredible speed for their size and weight. Their prey never would have known they were coming until it was too late...

And if I'm, "crazy," for thinking that mimicking animals is stupid, then somebody better tell that to Ma Junren, given his study of ostrich and deer for some reason ended up with world records which still stand today. Better yet, ask US Track and Field who their expert on ostrich biomechanics is. They don't even know who Ma was. Which of course explains why doping is the only way any coach could hope to set any record, because they surely have no clue what gives a 45MPH bipedal athlete the ability to move the same amount of bodyweight with 35% less muscle mass to do so.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21030429

https://www.nytimes.com/1993/09/12/sports/track-field-chinese-runners-excel-on-work-and-worms.html

I'm not the only person studying animals in search of human application, I'm merely the first to successfully create an entirely new training routine based upon their mimicry.

The joke of course is that early humans did the same and the fossil records in stone prove it. Internet idiots or 23,000 year old fossil record, by what definition of logic do you think you know more than I do???

Image result for mungo park footprints images

The stress loads of their feet didn't even spread across the entire foot, so that means the forefoot landing theory is pure BS. In fact the primary load points are with only three toes, not five. T-Rex had three toes. Coincidence? Not if you actually had any real education in biomechanics...

Experts said the world is flat

Experts said that man would never fly

Experts said we'd never go to the moon

Name me one of those "experts"...

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

T Hound

Slower but happier

I new it! All that bs Mobility, rolling, flossing, stretching.  People we are destroying our springs.  You dont see Ostritches flossing. Did humans somehow evolve to need all this extra crap to locomote?

2020 goal:  couch to 5K, currently working on the couch block

Prince of Fatness

I new it! All that bs Mobility, rolling, flossing, stretching.  People we are destroying our springs.  You dont see Ostritches flossing. Did humans somehow evolve to need all this extra crap to locomote?

Ostriches don't drink beer and eat potato chips.  Hell, they don't even know what a couch is.  That's the difference.

Not at it at all. 

FSBD

Ostriches don't drink beer and eat potato chips.  Hell, they don't even know what a couch is.  That's the difference.

Poor things.

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams,

Wandering by lone sea-breakers,

And sitting by desolate streams; 

World-losers and world-forsakers,

On whom the pale moon gleams:

Yet we are the movers and shakers

Of the world for ever, it seems.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

As to the T-Rex video, I wrote its creator (and have the e-mails to prove it). He's an idiot and admitted as much. If the ground vibrated as much as the Jurassic Park movies depicted, then every other animal would have known through ground vibration where they were going and how fast.

In reality they were quick, silent and deadly killing machines. Go back and watch my Soldier subject video. He's with the Rangers and openly documents how T-Rex actually ran. They utilized a grounded running technique which gave them incredible speed for their size and weight. Their prey never would have known they were coming until it was too late...

Hmm. So I guess these researchers got it all wrong?

https://phys.org/news/2017-07-tyrannosaurus-rex-couldnt.html

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

mikeymike

Hmm. So I guess these researchers got it all wrong?

https://phys.org/news/2017-07-tyrannosaurus-rex-couldnt.html

One of these times you're totally going to win this "argument". Keep the faith, man. Love your passion.

Runners run

catwhoorg

Labrat

Tyrannosaur: Apex predator or scavenger ?

That's a solid basis for an argument.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

Altair5

Runs in the rain

wcrunner2  - I read an article in Scientific American (I think) about this. The question is how much muscle mass the T-Rex had, something we don't know.  If heavily muscled for fast running then it's weight would break it's bones. However, if you check out a link just under the article you provided, it shows that  assuming minimum muscle mass for the calculation the T-Rex could have run a respectable 18 miles per hour. I think it may have been even faster! Calculations are often based on simplified formulas that don't take in all that nature provides. So it was shown that a bumblebee can't fly, but obviously it does!

sport jester - You stated that the heel strike was your preference and then show fossil tracks of someone running on his toes (and at least part of the forefoot it looks like to me) like a sprinter! I am not sure if this would do for any distance running. I just don't like the impact shock of heel strike and try for a smooth and easy form.

Long distance runner, what you standin' there for?
                              Get up, get out, get out of the door!