Wrong date (Read 93 times)

hvmorfun

mad cow

It's not a major issue, but the date on my training log is showing one day ahead (today is Monday the 19th, but the calendar shows Tuesday the 20th).  Tomorrow's date is also showing up on posts made by others.

I've tried going to options, but I don't see a choice for time zone, just a map default location.

I'm at work, on a computer running Windows XP Professional (SP2)  and have the problem when using both Chrome and Firefox, both of which have been restarted and histories/cookies cleared.

You know, evil comes in many forms, be it a man-eating cow or Joseph Stalin. But you can't let the package hide the pudding. Evil is just plain bad. You don't cotton to it. You gotta smack it on the nose with the rolled up newspaper of goodness. Bad dog! Bad dog!

eric :)

hvmorfun,

Your timezone is automatically detected when you log into RA.  There are two possible causes to the time being off:

1. JavaScript is disabled in your browsers

2. Your company is blocking certain web traffic.

I don't think the problem is #1, since much of RA won't work correctly without JavaScript.  That leaves #2, but I'm not sure how it is being blocked.

Out of curiosity, what is the timestamp for my response to your post?  Maybe that could provide a clue to the problem.

eric Smile

hvmorfun

mad cow

Your timestamp: posted: 8/19/2013 at 11:13 AM

I don't remember having any issues visiting the site while at the office before. I think I had this problem at home over the weekend, but all my home computers are all FUBAR anyway (thanks to the kids).

Thanks for helping Smile

You know, evil comes in many forms, be it a man-eating cow or Joseph Stalin. But you can't let the package hide the pudding. Evil is just plain bad. You don't cotton to it. You gotta smack it on the nose with the rolled up newspaper of goodness. Bad dog! Bad dog!

I forgot to ask, what is your correct time zone?

hvmorfun

mad cow

Eastern

It appears the dates are correct.  Which calendar is showing Tuesday the 20th?

hvmorfun

mad cow

At some point yesterday afternoon, it went back to normal.

When the wrong date was showing, it was at the top of the page for the Training Log, and the log itself had the wrong date highlighted.  Also, if anyone posted on the forums yesterday, it was showing the 20th.

Sometime between my post at 9:53 (which to me was showing as posted on 8/20/2013) and my response at 1:38, the date changed to the correct date and it still seems to be working fine.

If it helps:

I am using a computer at work running XP Professional (SP2), primarily using Firefox, but occasionally Chrome.  I have to use a remote connection to get access to a server that links me to our other offices (all in the same time zone), but I don't use the remote access for the web.  As far as I know, there are no limitations on our "local" computers put in place by the company.

If the time zone is correct now, I wouldn't worry about it.  If it does happen again, simply log out and then log back in.  That'll delete your cookie and force the server to recheck your time.  Thank you for being patient!

eric Smile