Hill in Baltimore (Read 117 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Hopefully you aren't too disappointed with what are called hills in east Baltimore.

Canserbero

I live in a flat city, so no problems. What I would like to have is a piece of road (about 300/400m) whose slope is at least 3/4%. Hopefully, on Sunday I am going to check if federal hill park nearly meets my requirement.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Not sure what the slope is, but pretty much anything heading away from the harbor will give you some hills, although there are stop signs/traffic lights.

Canserbero

First run at 7:30AM and everything went smooth. I was almost alone in aliceanna and boston streets, then near Patterson park I met people walking dogs and some guys running, including girls. The route around the park is quite good and I didn't expect such an elevation gain: nearly 500 feets in a 10 mile run.

Funny was seeing a guy running without t-shirt (this morning nearly 30 °F).

Half Crazy K 2.0

When you had said you were running after the sun was up, I figured there would be good foot traffic around there. When I drive that way in the morning, there are tons of people out walking dogs.

Canserbero

Perhaps it is because today is Sunday. Let's see how things are going to be tomorrow.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Perhaps it is because today is Sunday. Let's see how things are going to be tomorrow.

At 7:30, should be a fair number of people out and about.

nvandrews

I'm weary to run when it's dark out but honestly even when I leave for work around 6:30AM there are a decent amount of runners around Patterson Park. I would say today I saw at least 5 runners. There's a good hill on the north side of Patterson Park on Baltimore Street. Enjoy!