Crossed the 10,000 mile mark this weekend! (Read 186 times)

npaden

Something that a few years back I would have never even dreamed of, but I crossed the 10,000 miles run mark this weekend.

Started logging my mileage in 2011 at age 42 with the goal of being able to run 6 miles in an hour by the fall of that year.  I ended up logging 262 miles that year and was amazed at how many miles I had run.

Fast forward 6 years and I've now logged 10,015 miles!  Small potatoes to many on this forum, but for sure a milestone for me.

Big thank to Eric for hosting the running log and those on this site that have given me good advice over the years.

Thanks!  Nathan

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

Good job, dude. Keep it up.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
      We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
      catwhoorg

Labrat

Nice. I crossed that threshold myself on Friday

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

Bravo.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

DoppleBock

Congrats ... Now you can run in a month what you did in a year and you are a wee bit faster than 10:00 minutes.  I hope you great life running adventure continues through more 10,000 mile marks!

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

HermosaBoy

AWESOME!!!

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

dumrunner

Congrats!

excellent !

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Congrats

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

kcam

No doubt about it, it's a heckuva milestone.  One that not many others can or will achieve.  It's still amazes me to look back on lifetime miles .... did I really run that far and run that many races?!  Congratulations and keep moving forward.

npaden

Thanks for the comments everyone.  Really something that would have been very hard to imagine not that long ago.

If I started in San Diego, CA, ran to Key West, FL, then on to Bangor, ME, then over to Bellingham, WA then back down to San Diego, CA that would be 9,406 miles according to mapquest.  10,000 miles is a LONG way!

Here's to the next 10,000 miles, I guess the next big milestone may be 24,901 and then I can say I've essentially run completely around the world!

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

Runner Mike

Is this the new thing now? announcing when you've crossed a certain lifetime milage threshold. I guess it's not enough to tell all your co-workers and friends about your marathons and other stuff.   Runners do nothing to endear themselves.

Is this the new thing now? announcing when you've crossed a certain lifetime milage threshold. I guess it's not enough to tell all your co-workers and friends about your marathons and other stuff.   Runners do nothing to endear themselves.

I don't think it's a new thing here.

The difference between this and your example is that runners around here understand what that means and might appreciate it.  Co-workers and friends might not.

There was a point in my life when I ran. Now, I just run.

We are always running for the thrill of it

Always pushing up the hill, searching for the thrill of it

npaden

Hence the forum that these kind of things are posted in being titled "Look What I Can Do!".  A place to post accomplishments that you are proud of.  Different folks are proud of different things.  Some may enjoy sharing accomplishments with others, some may not.

I'm guessing you are one of the ones that does not.

I personally am motivated when others post about their accomplishments and thought that by posting mine it might actually motivate others as well.

Age: 50 Weight: 224 Height: 6'3" (Goal weight 195)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Congrats Nathan!  It's pretty amazing when you think about those two legs powering you for 10000 miles.