Training Schedule (Read 766 times)

Eternal Rookie

I have a habit of doodling training schedules at work base on an upcoming key race and eventually I come up with something that I like but it remains on paper in my cube. I’m sure there are others with coaches who give them workouts in advance, so my question is: is there a way to add a calendar for scheduled workouts? Possibly something that you might later be able to bump up against your actual workouts for the week/month? Thanks.
      I had an idea to add to this... I use a Google Calendar for most of my stuff. They have a great feature there that let's users "share" calendars. A user can create a calendar, say a schedule of all the football games for a certain team, make it public, and then I can search for it and add it to my calendar. I think this would be a great format for training schedules. Popular training schedules can be created by users (say a beginners training plan for the 2008 Chicago Marathon) and then whoever wants to add it, could search for it, and select it. I realize this would probably be a programming nightmare, but it would be great...
      eric :)

I've figured out how to do a training plan a couple of months ago. I think it will be integrated quite nicely into the log. However, my focus is getting the GPS import done. After that, training plan is up next. eric Smile
        Eternal Rookie

I've figured out how to do a training plan a couple of months ago. I think it will be integrated quite nicely into the log. However, my focus is getting the GPS import done. After that, training plan is up next. eric Smile
          That's cool. We're on your timeframe Wink
          Eternal Rookie

I had an idea to add to this... I use a Google Calendar for most of my stuff. They have a great feature there that let's users "share" calendars. A user can create a calendar, say a schedule of all the football games for a certain team, make it public, and then I can search for it and add it to my calendar. I think this would be a great format for training schedules. Popular training schedules can be created by users (say a beginners training plan for the 2008 Chicago Marathon) and then whoever wants to add it, could search for it, and select it. I realize this would probably be a programming nightmare, but it would be great...
            Great idea. Someone posted this on another forum http://www.snailsource.com/callite/index.html Is that something Eric could use, when he gets a chance? Big grin