310XT Upload to RA Issue Returns (Read 86 times)

I know we've discussed this, but this morning the problem returned.  Garmin updated something and my data went to Garmin Connect OK, but RA can not see a connected device.   Not sure if this has to do with the upgrade or what.

Anyone else?  Seems like the last time I had to totally reset the watch and it worked again.

Thanks!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Uploaded my 310xt last night with no problems.

What was the update? Was it the Garmin Ant Agent update?

Look at the workout you did and can't upload to check if the date is correct. It may be that the GPS didn't lock and the date reverted to 2007 so its no longer a new activity.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

I think it was an ANT update (I'm not at home so can't check).  Date on workout is correct.  RA said "No connected devices".  I'll have to fool with it again when I get home, but I did all the usual things (reinserting ANT stick, rebooting, closing ANT Agent) short of resetting the watch.

eric :)

HStreet,

At first, I was happy to hear of your problem because I thought it was the same as Run To Win's.  I'm stumped by his problem and was hoping for more data points.  Unfortunately, they are not the same, although they both might be caused by the Ant Agent upgrade.

I think your problem is caused by the Ant Agent file being corrupt.  Try this:

1. depending on your version of Windows, navigate to your user folder either in "CUndecidedDocuments and Settings" or "CUndecidedUsers"
          2. Go into either "Application Data" or "AppData".  The folder might be hidden, in which case you can append it directly in the address bar.
          3. Go into the Ant Agent folder
          4. Look for the only html file in the folder and delete it.
          5. Hold the Mode and Reset buttons on your Garmin for several seconds to reset it

Thanks.  I'll try it tonight.

Tried everything but couldn't find a html file.  Finally did a hard reset of the watch and everything is working.  That's what fixed it the last time.  It shouldn't, but it does.

Tried everything but couldn't find a html file.  Finally did a hard reset of the watch and everything is working.  That's what fixed it the last time.  It shouldn't, but it does.

One word explaination:

GARMIN

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

Yeah, cant upload things.  Doesn't find my device today.

• Black Canyon 100k
                  • RRR
                  • Zane Grey 100k
                  • High Lonesome 100
                  • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
                  • The Bear 100
                  • Javelina Jundred (?)
                  snapa55

I'm also experiencing this.  I've resorted to uploading the actual .tcx files instead of grabbing it from my watch.

5K: 18:43 (12/13) 10K: 42:50 (12/12) HM: 1:30:10 (3/14) M: 3:34:46 (5/14)

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

had to use garmin training center to pull files off. Once in there can export.

Then I hard reset the watch, re-connected to ant, and it seems to be working.

• Black Canyon 100k
                      • RRR
                      • Zane Grey 100k
                      • High Lonesome 100
                      • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
                      • The Bear 100
                      • Javelina Jundred (?)

The fix does seem to be a hard reset and re-pairing.  I'm using a 910 now, and haven't had the problem (yet).