Garmin Forerunner 310xt (Read 1403 times)

Get Lost :)

Just got my Garmin FR310XT. No HRM included!!
      on amazon, it had two listings for the garmin 310xt, one was for $350 with no hrm and the other was $399 w/hrm

Get Lost :)

on amazon, it had two listings for the garmin 310xt, one was for $350 with no hrm and the other was $399 w/hrm

Yeah, I had a coupon to a local place, and they were only carrying the non-HR version. So I ordered the HR strap on some random site. Oh well. 

Sulli42

So how does it compare, sizewise, to the 305?

You'll ruin your knees!

I received mine in late June and have really liked it so far.  Size is slightly smaller than the 305, mainly due to the fact that it doesn't have that weird bend in it to wrap around your wrist.  I put it side by side with my old (dead) 305 and it is the same thickness, so it sits pretty much the same on my arm.  The band is a better, more functional band and the orange doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would. 

The only thing I have seen so far in terms of an issue is a known issue that causes the watch to power off.  When you turn it back on, it stays on for about 10 seconds then shuts down again.  When you put it on the charger (automatic power-on), it cycles through powering up and shutting back down over and over and over.  The only fix (known so far) is to reset the watch, clearing out all settings and history.  This is a bummer if you have workouts that you have not downloaded!  This has happened to me two times since I received the watch (use it practically every day, somedays more than once) and there is nothing I can see that causes the issue...  hoping this will be fixed in a future software release.  It's not enough to make me unhappy with the watch (yet).

I already had a chest strap from my old garmin and it works with this new device (didn't order the HRM this time round). 

Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

I finally got mine yesterday, my LRS had it on display so I snatched it up.  took it on a 20 miler.  Once I updated the ant software, downloading runs was a snap!  405 is now back in the box and ready for a new owner!

Tri-Kev Here are my favorite links:
              My "kick @ss" running club ;)

Swim 2.4 miles.
              Ride 112 miles.
              Run 26.2 miles.
              Then brag for the rest of your life.
              -Commander John Collins, Ironman Triathlon creator

SO jealous of all of you that got your 310xt. My 305 died last week and I ordered the 310xt from amazon because I had a lot of points built up (got it for free Smile. Got an email this past week when it was supposed to ship saying that it has been delayed until August 20th. Very annoying especially since I have seen it in stores now.