Movin' Right Along MONDALIES! (Read 467 times)

sugnim

WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD! 

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RA). We're all a little crazy here too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up and stay awhile (not literally)! And whoever’s up first is welcome to start the thread (and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

sugnim

Woot!  I've never started a dalies thread before.  How's my driving?

I'm currently fake tapering for a fake race this Sunday.  I was training for a 10 mile race called the Freezer Burn that happens every year but was cancelled at the last minute this year.  I was so disappointed!  So, I organized a facebook event called Freezer Bummed, which is a 10 mile informal run where I hope enough people will show to give it a somewhat race-like feeling.  I meant to do a short run on Saturday, but I took a detour & ended up doing a 8.5 miles of hills at a faster pace than I had intended.  So, it really is a fake taper I guess.  Here's to smarter tapering for the remainder of the week!

Glad to see you all in our new place!  Happy Monday!

xor

Your driving is ok, I suppose, but there's a better neighborhood in which to drive.

The dailies threads belong within the various user groups here... and the place you are looking for is over here:

The RWOL BF group

When the general area of this board fills up with these dailies threads, it knocks all the generalized topics off the 'recent topics' list that most of us, especially longtime RAers, use for finding new threads and posts.

L Train

Thanks, srl.  This stuff has gotten much better over the last few days. 

sugnim

Thanks, SRL.  I just didn't want to be all clannish.  Of course new thread will move old threads.  That's how message boards work.  There's always a Moth-styled BUMP or reply to an older thread to get it back at the top.  Do we have to raise our hands for permission to speak here?

L Train

Do we have to raise our hands for permission to speak here?

No, that's not at all the case, and I don't think that's what he implied.  Not everyone is interested in the daily threads, though some are and that's OK.  But with all the daily threads, topics are moving so quickly off the right side of the page that unless one is checking very often entire threads are missed.  It's just a big change for those of us that have been here a while.  The group idea is great for the dailies because anyone who is interested can participate, but everyone else doesn't have to be sort through it all.

xor

Thanks, SRL.  I just didn't want to be all clannish.  Of course new thread will move old threads.  That's how message boards work.  There's always a Moth-styled BUMP or reply to an older thread to get it back at the top.  Do we have to raise our hands for permission to speak here?

Oh dear.

I get how message boards work, particularly runningahead.  We just had a 20 page thread about this. 

I was trying to be nice.  Your dailies threads ARE clannish... but not in a bad way.  They are just specific to your group and those interested.  That's absolutely cool.  Plus BF has like 10 different daily chat threads.  There's a great place for that... a place which won't clog up the recent topics list (the area on the right side of the forums page, which many RAers use)... for the not-small group of folks who aren't interested.  The user group area is one of the coolest aspects of this site.

As explained in the other thread, this part of the board is kind of like the lobby.  Some of the fun discussions happen in various meeting rooms and such.

MrNamtor

Don't worry sugnim, we RA folks will guide you through the culture here. Just PM me if you have any questions or think you are about to commit an embarrassing faux pax, and I will advise you on the appropriate behavior.

sugnim

Don't worry sugnim, we RA folks will guide you through the culture here. Just PM me if you have any questions or think you are about to commit an embarrassing faux pax, and I will advise you on the appropriate behavior.

Haha.  Thanks.  I've grown accustom to the taste of my own foot.  I'll try not to make unexpected waves in the universe.

kcam

No, that's not at all the case, and I don't think that's what he implied.  Not everyone is interested in the daily threads, though some are and that's OK.  But with all the daily threads, topics are moving so quickly off the right side of the page that unless one is checking very often entire threads are missed.  It's just a big change for those of us that have been here a while.  The group idea is great for the dailies because anyone who is interested can participate, but everyone else doesn't have to be sort through it all.

Uhh ... isn't there only ONE daily thread per day?  How can one thread bump everything else?  Personally, I don't see any problem with a single Daily thread on the general board.

MrNamtor

Haha.  Thanks.  I've grown accustom to the taste of my own foot.  I'll try not to make unexpected waves in the universe.

Are you kidding me? I've got 43 recipes for foot. I love the taste of my own foot. PM me and I'll send you one of my favorites "Sabot au vin".

xor

You have answered your own question.  The RWOL people don't have one dailies thread.  They have several.  Sometimes it feels like 100.  For real.  They have an area where they have started doing their dailies, just like masters.