If you rotate two or more pairs of shoes, when do you start with the 2nd pair? the 3rd pair? (Read 982 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That sounds like a real pain.  Where do you store them?  Do you have friends who each live 100 miles away in different directions?  And you sure must use a lot of gas to get to your shoes.  Its a cool way to make sure that you run different routes tho, so I guess there is that.  But you must spend so much time in your car driving between pairs of shoes.

Wink

*kick* 

I got your back, Teresa! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Teresadfp

One day at a time

*kick* 

I got your back, Teresa! Big grin

Work must be slow for Trent today!

Work must be slow for Trent today!

He works?

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

mldrabenstott

Like others, I start both pairs at the same time. Mine tend to last about 350-400 miles before I start getting minor joint soreness. I alternate days between the pairs. That gives each a chance to dry out (after all, there's nothing worse that putting on damp shoes) and the midsoles a little more time to decompress.

Also, about three years ago I started getting two different brands/makes every time I buy. That way I'll always have a go-to shoe in case one of the manufacturers discontinues one of the models. In addition, they give my foot a slightly different ride, which I think helps muscles and joints make minor adjustments more easily.

an amazing likeness

I have no system.  When a pair gets old, I replace the shoes.  When I have new shoes, I start wearing them.  Sometimes they all have the same milage and sometimes the milage is separated by 200+ miles.

+1, as they say (or post).

But I do label them with a Sharpie marker with a number because it really stinks to get a few miles into a run and discover you're wearing the left from one pair and the right from another and there's 400 miles difference between the two.  That doesn't feel good, messes with the mind.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.