Female boob chaffing? (Read 500 times)

What Ennay said! Those pull-over bras are not good for those of us with larger cup sizes. You can try wearing two at once, but even then, the motion control is limited. Watch a video of yourself running if you don't believe me Big grin

So yeah, Bodyglide for the chafing, but also consider investing in some good bras. I can recommend Moving Comfort as another brand that goes by actual band/cup size. I have the rebound racer one cup size smaller than my actual size, and it's perfect.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I've tried at least 5 different Moving Comfort bras and loathed them all (I'm not the only one who lacks to understand the MC love).  I have always had great luck with Champion.  This one has long been my go-to bra for high impact stuff (running, mountain biking).  And it comes in your size, OP! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

EdithRevisited

If you ask

I used to swear by Champion (with underwire, hook back), until I tried the Moving Comfort Fiona. I never buy a pullover and  I always use Bodyglide for certain areas that tend chafe during long runs.   I would suggest going to a RunNing Store and speaking with a female.  I discovered MC by going to a ladies night event at my local running store.  Before then, I only went there to buy shoes.

Good Luck!

• Charlie Horse Half Marathon - May 25
        • PA Grand Canyon Marathon - July 27
        • Labor Pain 12 Hour Endurance - August 31 (50k...or more!)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Okay, we men are obviously not going to get pictures, but that aside, I would like to thank everyone who typed "chafing" and not "chaffing".  Chaffing, if it were a word, would rhyme with laughing, and doesn't mean anything.  OP, it's obviously a typo in your headline, since you spell it correctly in the post.  Fix it for me, please? Wink

dennrunner

So you want her to "loose" the extra "f"? Smile

A Saucy Wench

My guess is any minute now she might loose that extra f  and the extra o in your direction

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

My guess is any minute now she might loose that extra f  and the extra o in your direction

As long as it's not a loose f u.

cmb4314

I get underboob chafing. Body glide helps... When I remember to use it. I was fine all winter; now it's getting warmer so I'm sweating more.

This is me.  I haven't run in about 8 weeks now (broken ankle) and I have noticed that I have a permanent area of slightly discolored skin from how many times I have had chafing there that has healed.  Body Glide helps and quite often prevents it, but on a really sweaty day sometimes it isn't enough and I chafe anyway.  And then there are the times I forget the Body Glide.  Every type of bra I've ever tried has given me the underboob chafing.

I've never had chafing inside the actual bra though, just around the edges.  I think that your bra probably isn't fitted right if your boobs are moving against the inside of the bra - mine are much too tight for that to happen.

I always tell my husband that the one and only advantage to being forced to wear a sports bra is that I never have to worry about nipple chafing.

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011) 

Am I doing this right?

This thread has certainly helped out with some fantastic side bar ads.

Thanks!

No excuses....

keeponrunning

Thanks girls.  Smile  I'm in Canada and our Zellers are slowly being turned into Targets, so I'll check out the Champions once our Targets open (I think they are supposed to in September).  If I get desperate enough I can go down to Buffalo.  Until then, I'll look around for some Moving Comfort ones. Smile   I can probably keep the newer old ones for my shorter runs, but seeing as I'm in half marathon mode right now I think my long runs will call for some new ones.

And yes, the extra "f" is a typo is chafing.  I don't know how to edit my subject lines or I'd fix it.  However, LedLincoln better be careful or as Ennay said I might loose an "f" and "o" in his direction.  Wink

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

keeponrunning

I've tried at least 5 different Moving Comfort bras and loathed them all (I'm not the only one who lacks to understand the MC love).  I have always had great luck with Champion.  This one has long been my go-to bra for high impact stuff (running, mountain biking).  And it comes in your size, OP! Big grin

Hey, look at that, Champion online. Big grin  You are now my best friend, I love their tights and mine are getting quite worn!

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

keeponrunning

After much frustration with companies that don't ship to Canada (seriously, we're right next to you!), I finally ordered 2 Champion bras off of Amazon.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Thanks girls.  Smile  I'm in Canada and our Zellers are slowly being turned into Targets, so I'll check out the Champions once our Targets open (I think they are supposed to in September).  If I get desperate enough I can go down to Buffalo.  Until then, I'll look around for some Moving Comfort ones. Smile   I can probably keep the newer old ones for my shorter runs, but seeing as I'm in half marathon mode right now I think my long runs will call for some new ones.

And yes, the extra "f" is a typo is chafing.  I don't know how to edit my subject lines or I'd fix it.  However, LedLincoln better be careful or as Ennay said I might loose an "f" and "o" in his direction.  Wink

Got it.  I'm shutting up.

A Saucy Wench

This thread has certainly helped out with some fantastic side bar ads.

Thanks!

I'm getting cheerios and Discovercard.  I feel gypped.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm getting cheerios and Discovercard.  I feel gypped.

That sounds better than OurTime.com ads prompting me to date women over 50... Confused

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay