1000 days (Read 709 times)

jeffdonahue

So today, my running streak reached 1,000 days.  I can't really believe that I have run every day for that long - almost 3 years. 

I wish I could say that I went out and ran some monumental run to commemorate the occasion, but I didnt.  Unfortunately, I got a call yesterday from my father.  My grandmother took a turn for the worse yesterday and they didnt expect her to live through the afternoon.  My brother and I hopped in the car and drove down to the Cape to try to see her before she passed.  We spent a few hours with her and said our goodbyes before coming back home.

Last night at 11:00 I got the call that she had passed, so I really didnt sleep much last night.  This morning I struggled through a run just under 5 miles for my 1000th day in a row of running.  Motivation is low - only three weeks till my marathon, so the taper starts this week.  Though I may try to get one more longer run in at the beginning of next week, just to instill a little more confidence at this point, and since I missed my long run today.

Intentionally Blank

Congratulations on the 1000 days.

And my sincerest condolences about your grandmother.

I am very sorry to hear about your grandmother. My thoughts are with you!

And Congrats on 1000 days.  That is more than my mind can really wrap around!  Good luck getting through taper, and in the marathon.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Congrats on that amazing milestone!  Sorry about the loss of your grandma.  I hope your taper and race go well.  What a way to celebrate reaching this milestone and the life of your grandmother.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

mikeymike

Sorry to hear about your grandmother Jeff.  Amazing coincidence, makes you think.

Good luck the rest of the way--see you in Lowell, if not sooner.

Runners run

xhristopher

Sorry to hear about your grandmother. Condolences to your family, Jeff. 

Congrats on the 1000 days. That's a huge accomplishment on many, many levels.

Looks like you've put in a good week of running so far. I'm heading to Wilmington for the half tomorrow shortly after 8. Why don't you come and get in this week's long run there. No doubt you've got a PR in you.

Ojo

I am so sorry about your Grandmother Jeff -- my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

I want to also congratulate you on your 1000 day streak!  You know how much this inspires me and I only hope to be able to reach that goal as well one day.  Even with the ups and downs of injuries, you have continued to run strong.  I wish it has been a more celebratory run but we all know thoughtful runs help us with some difficult situations.  Good luck with your marathon . . . streak on!  Big grin

Sara

MM #2929

jeffdonahue

Sorry to hear about your grandmother. Condolences to your family, Jeff. 

Congrats on the 1000 days. That's a huge accomplishment on many, many levels.

Looks like you've put in a good week of running so far. I'm heading to Wilmington for the half tomorrow shortly after 8. Why don't you come and get in this week's long run there. No doubt you've got a PR in you.

This was a big week for me.  I was out in San Francisco and I just love running in new places.   It's how I get to see the sights, so I did a lot of mileage to get to them from the hotel.

I would love to be doing that half tomorrow, but we have tickets to take my son to the LEGO KidsFest in Boston tomorrow morning. 

I look my best blurry!

Grandma would be proud of your accomplishment.  I wannabe as durable as you are.  You're a good father to boot.  Have a blast in Legoland!  That sounds like so much fun!   Wink Chuckle, chuckle!  

mta- don't drop a load of cash on Legos!  

xhristopher

This was a big week for me.  I was out in San Francisco and I just love running in new places.   It's how I get to see the sights, so I did a lot of mileage to get to them from the hotel.

I would love to be doing that half tomorrow, but we have tickets to take my son to the LEGO KidsFest in Boston tomorrow morning. 

Sounds like fun in SF. I do the same with business trips. I used to go to Amsterdam frequently and would always rent a bike.

Have fun at LEGO. We are going in the afternoon. The day starts with a race and then a birthday party followed by the LEGO KidsFest. No breaks. With luck I'll get to eat before I fall over.

Don't forget to run tomorrow.

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

Jeff, congratulations on achieving a huge milestone. I am so sorry to hear of the passing of your Grandmother. My thoughts are with you.

TRUST THE PROCESS

Congrats on 1000 day, and sorry about your grandmother, always tough to lose a loved one I am sure she would have proud of you, now you can shoot for the next 1000 days.

Turning back the clock one mile at a time