Running with Plantar Faciitis (Read 347 times)

Joann Y

Here's a very basic observation for anyone with plantar fasciitis. I've kind of been having on and off plantar fascia pain for at least a year which then sort of morphed issues into issues with ankle mobility. In any case, what I have noticed in myself is that as the plantar fascia pain got worse I started wearing shoes and hard soled slippers around the house, like, I think, probably most of the time. Never giving the bottom of the foot a chance to stretch out and act normally. I am starting to suspect that this just made things a whole of a hell lot worse even though it felt better (especially going down stairs). I think some folks probably already mentioned this but I thought I'd emphasize how much this indeed helps and how what an easy thing it is to do. Just wear socks or go barefoot. It's helping a lot with ankle mobility and the plantar fascia.

MarySmith

link spam

Lending support to anyone out there who's dealing with PF!  This is my 3rd time to have it in about the last 8 years maybe, in the right foot twice and now in the left since July.  The worst is behind me.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

RandyP

My two cents: After doing all sorts of stretches and avoiding dress shoes as much as possible; I decided to rest my foot and took a break from running. Didn't help a bit but I did gain over 20 lbs. I don't like to run when over 200 lbs so I hit the bike to lose weight before running again and what-do-you-know, the PF cleared up in less than two weeks. Maybe coincidence or maybe it somehow stretched my foot out or strengthened some weakness but that was over a year ago without a flair up. I don't always succeed but I try to get in 30+ miles on my bike every week in addition to my running.

Great idea, Randy!  I've been on the bike more than ever too.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

King Plantar

Calf massages, avoid trying to roll / massage out the pain in your heels/arches (it doesn't work)

You might find this helpful https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HejnlGCcIOA

OneidaMorrison

hello guys. How are you all? Happy New Year