Matthew McConoughey to star in the film adaptation of Born To Run (Read 234 times)

Hoban-Jay

http://running.competitor.com/2015/01/news/reports-matthew-mcconaughey-star-born-run-film_121886

Well that really sucks, because I would love to see the movie, but not if Matthew "I have a hard time portraying a human being" McConaughey wil be starring in it.

KenAVL

I heard that Matthew is portraying the journalist.  I could see Matthew as Caballo Blanco, maybe, but why is he portraying the author?  One of the central themes of the book is that the author is a big guy (I think he's something like 6'5", 220#) who is perpetually injured yet strives to run.  He struggles to participate/compete in a sport that is dominated by those with a completely different body type.    That's what draws him to try such radical things (i.e. running minimal, going to Mexico, the Tarahumara Way, etc.).  McConaughey is not a big guy.

Why is it sideways?

McConoughey was really good in Dallas Buyers Club.

McConoughey was really good in Dallas Buyers Club.

He was also surprisingly great in the True Detective series. Can't say I was much of a fan before that, but he killed it in that role.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Joann Y

He was also surprisingly great in the True Detective series. Can't say I was much of a fan before that, but he killed it in that role.

Yes. This. Fantastic.

mikeymike

I loved him in those Lincoln commercials.

Runners run