Double Trouble 30k (Read 799 times)

You'll ruin your knees!

Congrats on the finish, Pam! I am sorry to hear you busted up your ankle, though. Here's hoping it's not too bad and you can get back at running safely and swiftly.... Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Thanks Lynn!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

wow! sounds like a fun race and a great finish! Congrats! sorry about the injury. Sad I've been battling pretty severe hip pain since the marathon and took 4 days off last week. ugh. I hope you recover quickly, I can totally empathize with not being able to run.

Jennifer mm#1231

wow! sounds like a fun race and a great finish! Congrats! sorry about the injury. Sad I've been battling pretty severe hip pain since the marathon and took 4 days off last week. ugh. I hope you recover quickly, I can totally empathize with not being able to run.
          Definetly was a great race! Thanks Sorry to hear about your hip pain Jen! Don't you have another marathon soon? Hope you heal ASAP! Here is an elevation map of my race

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Ouch! My ankle hurt just looking at your pictures. Great race, though. Don't know how you made it the last little bit, but well done! Best wishes on a speedy recovery. We runners don't like much down time, eh?
            My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48
              Sorry to hear about your hip pain Jen! Don't you have another marathon soon? Hope you heal ASAP! Here is an elevation map of my race
              yikes! that elevation map says it all! Big grin Yep, I have the San Fran marathon July 29...but no pressure. I'm taking it easy since I've already BQ'd but I'm hoping to preserve a little of my ego and still come in under 4 hours... but it looks pretty grim right about now, LOL! At his point in time, I'm just doing it for the post race beer! Tongue how's your foot today?

Jennifer mm#1231

yikes! that elevation map says it all! Big grin Yep, I have the San Fran marathon July 29...but no pressure. I'm taking it easy since I've already BQ'd but I'm hoping to preserve a little of my ego and still come in under 4 hours... but it looks pretty grim right about now, LOL! At his point in time, I'm just doing it for the post race beer! Tongue how's your foot today?
                Nice that you can actually take it easy since you've BQ'd already! As for your ego, YOU BQ!!!! Talk about AWESOME!!!! That's not something an average person can do! Oh and doing it for the post race beer sounds good to me! Oh my foot is doing ok I guess. Still swollen, still sore. Start PT tomorrow and have a secret hope of running by Saturday or Sunday which means staying off of it as much as possible. I'm grumpy!

Ouch! My ankle hurt just looking at your pictures. Great race, though. Don't know how you made it the last little bit, but well done! Best wishes on a speedy recovery. We runners don't like much down time, eh?
                  Thanks Don! As far as he last part of the race, TOTAL adrenaline is my guess. Or just plain stubborness. And your right on the money about us runners not like much down time. Guess my body will thank me for it later though.