Unable to delete Courses or Run (Read 1078 times)

I started out trying to clean up some of my courses and delete duplicates etc, when I chose delete, I get the pop up that says (something like Do you want to Delete "OK" "CANCEL" and I click ok, but then an error message "Error on Page" shows up" I'm have the same problem trying to delete a Run entry. I tried deleting the run from two places, on by going through the calendar and selecting it and them selecting "X" for delte and one by going to workouts and selecting "X" for delete and each time I end up with the same "Error On Page" message

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"

eric :)

lph53, Which entries are you trying to delete? Maybe there's something special about them (extra data?) that's preventing the delete operation to execute properly. I'll have to check them out in order to determine the problem.
        Sorry to take so long getting back to you on this. Like I said, I was trying to clean up my log and wanted to delete unused courses or duplicate courses. I wanted to verify that deleting a course wouldn't delete a run entry, so I created a dummy course and dummy run. They are: Course AAA and run entry on 4/3/09 AAA One of the courses I'd like to remove is East Granby

LPH

lph53, I logged into your account and went through the motion to delete the course AAA. Everything seems to be working properly so I'm thinking it pertains to your browser. What browser are you using? eric :-)
            I'm running Windows XP with Internet Explorer. I tried to locate a which Version of Explorer is running, but struck out.

LPH

I'm running Windows XP with Internet Explorer. I tried to locate a which Version of Explorer is running, but struck out.
              In IE, click Help->About. Then a screen will pop up with with the version number and some other info.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

In IE, click Help->About. Then a screen will pop up with with the version number and some other info.
                thanks, it's version 6.0

LPH

Another question re double entries - I had been manually adding my runs, then when the option of downloading from the Garmin came up, did that. Well, now I have lots of double entries - which makes me look really, really good, but is a total fallacy. Is there an easy way to eliminate the "default" downloads, which are from the Garmin? MTA: I use Firefox, and it's the latest version (whatever that that is). As far as my operating system, I think it's Windows XP

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

thanks, it's version 6.0
                    I don't have IE6 installed on this machine right now so I can't reproduce the problem. I'll look into it in the next few days.

Another question re double entries - I had been manually adding my runs, then when the option of downloading from the Garmin came up, did that. Well, now I have lots of double entries - which makes me look really, really good, but is a total fallacy. Is there an easy way to eliminate the "default" downloads, which are from the Garmin? MTA: I use Firefox, and it's the latest version (whatever that that is). As far as my operating system, I think it's Windows XP
                      The best way to delete them is to do a search on all the default entries. Once you have them listed, then you can just click on each delete button. There is no easy to delete them because I don't want users to delete them by mistake. eric :-)
                        Thanks, Eric. Great job, as alwasy. Smile

Leslie
                        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

redleaf

Sorry to take so long getting back to you on this. Like I said, I was trying to clean up my log and wanted to delete unused courses or duplicate courses. I wanted to verify that deleting a course wouldn't delete a run entry, so I created a dummy course and dummy run. They are: Course AAA and run entry on 4/3/09 AAA One of the courses I'd like to remove is East Granby

I have this question - does deleting a course delete the corresponding run entry? When I started to run I saved all my mapped runs but over time have realized I rarely do the same thing twice. So can I safely delete the courses but keep the run data? Or am I stuck with the list of courses for all time?

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

redleaf,

If a course (or equipment) has a corresponding workout, it is impossible to delete the course/equipment.  This is by design to prevent accidents that result in mass deletes.  If you try to delete a course with a corresponding workout, you'll be prompted to assign all the corresponding workouts to another course first.  Once there are no more associated workouts, the course will then be deleted.

eric :-)

redleaf

redleaf,

If a course (or equipment) has a corresponding workout, it is impossible to delete the course/equipment.  This is by design to prevent accidents that result in mass deletes.  If you try to delete a course with a corresponding workout, you'll be prompted to assign all the corresponding workouts to another course first.  Once there are no more associated workouts, the course will then be deleted.

eric :-)

cool thanks. That makes sense. 

I think then all I'd have to do is remember the distance, assign the workout to "random" and add the distance. Maybe. Sounds good in theory Smile

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362