Kinvara 3 - Amazon Deal of the Day 4/25/13 (Read 122 times)

Ha ha. I heard the 4 is going back closer to the model of the 2...

That's good because have I mentioned that the 3 SUCKS?

Runners run

rainmakerrc

If you use the FB15D coupon over at Running Warehouse, the price drops down to $55.15.  While its 20 cents more expensive than Amazon, RW does have the yellow/black and navy/green colored pairs that Amazon doesn't, and you can also get a free reusable shopping bag as well as discounts on certain other items.

Yes, the 2's were awesome and the 3's SUCK. That's the main difference.

How different were the 2's from the 1's? I really loved the 1's, the 3's are just OK, but for 20 bucks (I had amazon points) I'll suck it up. But if the 2's were more like the 1's I'll pick up some 4's. Whew.

Mmmmm...beer

Yes, the 2's were awesome and the 3's SUCK. That's the main difference.

What don't you like about the 3s?  Maybe I don't pay enough attention when I run, but I don't notice much (any?) difference between the 2s and 3s, except for the more flexible/flimsier upper on the 2s.  They feel about the same on the road to me.

I forgot that I had used the fb15d code on RW, so yeah, pretty much same price, and I'm building a nice collection of reusable RW bags. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

For me, the 3's broke down really quickly right under the ball of my foot--which is the only place I care about. They developed a big curve to them in the forefoot that is uncomfortable. Like if you stand in them they force your toes to stick up in the air.

I have a pair of 2's that were retired at 600+ miles and I still wear to walk the dog in the woods sometimes and the sole is still pretty much the same shape it was when I bought them and there's way more cushioning left under the ball of the foot than in a pair of 3's that I retired early after 300 miles.

ymmv and to each his own and all that.

Runners run

Mmmmm...beer

For me, the 3's broke down really quickly right under the ball of my foot--which is the only place I care about. They developed a big curve to them in the forefoot that is uncomfortable. Like if you stand in them they force your toes to stick up in the air.

I have a pair of 2's that were retired at 600+ miles and I still wear to walk the dog in the woods sometimes and the sole is still pretty much the same shape it was when I bought them and there's way more cushioning left under the ball of the foot than in a pair of 3's that I retired early after 300 miles.

That's where I wear out my shoes too, so I'll make sure to keep an eye on the 3s.  I only have twenty some miles on each pair at the moment.  My Cortanas have an actual divot under the ball of each foot, while the rest of the sole looks great, with almost 400 miles on them.  But it still hasn't worn through the outsole yet, so I'll keep 'em in the rotation.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Hmmmm, the same thing seems to be happening to me with the 3's right now; they recently passed 300 miles and I can tell the cushioning in the ball of the foot is deteriorating...I'm really feeling the impact in that part of my foot much more.  That didn't stop me from ordering another pair at the sale price, though, because other than that, I love everything about the shoes.