2017 Holiday Running Streak (Read 200 times)

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Doing well so far.

steph  

Today was day 99 of my streak, and right now my average is 9.9 mi/day. Ran 10 this morning, so just a hair above average. December should push that figure up a bit. Legs are a little tired, but everything feels pretty good. About to head into a bit of a min-taper for a race on Saturday.

PRs: 5K: 21:25, 10K: 44:05, HM: 1:38:23* (downhill), M: 3:32:09

My streak is still alive, 25 miles so far. I’m on track to beat 50 miles, BUT..... I have a trip to Adirondacks planned on the 15-17, hopefully I’ll be able to run at least one mile on each of those days.

Sunflower747

51 out of 210 so far for December.  Managed to run everyday so far.  This has definitely been helping to keep me motivated!

Somebody had to be first.

My back went out on me yesterday, and it's excruciating even to walk. Ends a 52-day streak.

Dave

Mr MattM

60.5 miles in the first 9 days.

be curious; not judgmental

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

16 miles today helped, but I still need to do 56 miles/week in the remaining weeks. That's a lot for me this time of year, when I'm not training for a marathon.

berylrunner

Rick

A 50k and a marathon so far in December have helped the totals but I am a little short on the weekday miles (cold and work).  Need to get after it.

Those that are out, don't sweat it, start back up.  Unless injured of course.

12-22   Last One Standing  - dnf 37 miles

1-23  Sun Marathon - 3:53

3-4-23  Red Mountain 55k - 7:02

4-15-23  Zion 100 - 27:59

Mr MattM

11 days into December:  81.3 miles

be curious; not judgmental

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

Still in. Pace Bunny's a little ahead (travel this past weekend) but I'm still in contact. Fingers crossed.

FSBD: how are you holding up? Well, I hope.

--Christine

FSBD

Still in. Pace Bunny's a little ahead (travel this past weekend) but I'm still in contact. Fingers crossed.

FSBD: how are you holding up? Well, I hope.

--Christine

Glad to hear you are doing well.

All is good with me.  Making my goal at this point is unlikely, but as long as I keep the streak in tact it should be a very solid month.

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams,

Wandering by lone sea-breakers,

And sitting by desolate streams; 

World-losers and world-forsakers,

On whom the pale moon gleams:

Yet we are the movers and shakers

Of the world for ever, it seems.

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

Glad to hear it'll be a good month anyway. And thanks as always for organizing! (You just never know... an unexpected catch-up opportunity might leap out of the bushes at the end of the month.) --Christine

Glad to hear you are doing well.

All is good with me.  Making my goal at this point is unlikely, but as long as I keep the streak in tact is should be a very solid month.

35 for me so far.

After my 2nd run today, I finally have nudged the daily average for my streak up to 10 (it sat at 9.9 for a while). It will go back down the next few days, as I do another mini-taper for a race on Sunday (the race I was supposed to do this past Saturday got called off due to a rare winter event here, so I ran 20 in several runs on Saturday and 16 in one slow run on Sunday. Planning to get as many miles as I can possibly squeeze in next week (figure work will hopefully be lower-key with people starting to slide into vacation mode, so I can probably get away with coming in a little later a couple days).

PRs: 5K: 21:25, 10K: 44:05, HM: 1:38:23* (downhill), M: 3:32:09

teileen

Coming off my lowest weekly mileage since marathon training set in thanks to some flu like bs illness that came on last Wednesday night  Still managed my daily runs, not all streak savers.  Finally got in a solid 8 miler last night on the treadmill and coach wants me to do another 8-9 tonight if I'm feeling good after 10 or so minutes.  If I can do that I'll be at about 64 miles for the month so I might still meet my goal!

Est. 2006