Don't major in English at the University of Georgia (Read 1091 times)

A Saucy Wench

Hanging in the entry to their weight room

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Uga.

philipfromga

THWG!!!!!!! Go Jackets!!!!

Hey, nice marmot!

My stupidity is hurting my brain.  Could someone explain what's wrong with that sign?

Ben

"The world is my country, science is my religion."-- Christiaan Huygens

My stupidity is hurting my brain.  Could someone explain what's wrong with that sign?

"Preceeds"

that reminds me of that Snickers commercial a few years ago where the man painting the end zone misspelled a word and the point was "not going anywhere for a while..." 

Must be something related to football players... 

325th place or bust!

that reminds me of that Snickers commercial a few years ago where the man painting the end zone misspelled a word and the point was "not going anywhere for a while..." 

Must be something related to football players... 

You mean this one?  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSAXLayoMKI  

I always got a big laugh from that...

PR: 5K 22:41, 10K 51:05, HM 1:59, Sprint Tri: done!

the extra E is because there is no E in Team. 

You mean this one?  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSAXLayoMKI  

I always got a big laugh from that...

The Kansas City Chiefs offense scored 18 touchdowns last season.  The camera would hardly ever see the problem anyway. 

325th place or bust!

Well, technically what they have there would be correct if they were trying to say "Physical conditioning comes before mental toughness", "mental toughness comes before discipline", etc.

PR: 5K 22:41, 10K 51:05, HM 1:59, Sprint Tri: done!

Feeling the growl again

Well, technically what they have there would be correct if they were trying to say "Physical conditioning comes before mental toughness", "mental toughness comes before discipline", etc.

"preceed" =/= "precede" however.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Why is it sideways?

1. Majoring in English has little to do with spellchecking.

2. It has even less to do with college football.

3. Precedes how, exactly? Metaphysically, as a condition of possibility? Temporally, as in you need to go about getting one first, then the other next?

4. Was that "on a consistent basis" really necessary? Isn't that implied? And is that all UGA shoots for--winning on a consistent basis? Please.

Prince of Fatness

Not at it at all. 

http://www.theonion.com/articles/grown-men-inspired-by-stupid-little-sign-hanging-i,21314/

Gushing like blubbering infants over the cringe-inducing slogan, the biologically mature human males explained that when they gaze up at the vapid and overly sentimental words, they are filled with passion, confidence, and delusions that greatness is within their reach.

The men also confessed that contemplating the meaning of the cheesy-ass saying causes their eyes to well up with tears. Moreover, the group reportedly became very emotional when talking about the trite words in the dopey expression, for some reason needing to pause momentarily and regain their composure as they spoke about their pride in each other, and how the sign is special and beloved by all.

“I still get chills every time I read it,” the grown-up said about the cliché, which can be found plastered on thousands of crappy posters, lame T-shirts, and god-fucking-awful bumper stickers. “It’s really beautiful.”

Hey, nice marmot!

At first I read that as "Get A BRAIN!  MORANUS"  which takes that sign's meaning in a whole different direction than what I believe was that gentleman's original intent.

So it seems that not only do I suck at spelling, but my reading comprehension is suspect at best.

Ben

"The world is my country, science is my religion."-- Christiaan Huygens