finished my third race, ever (HM) (Read 221 times)

CSP

Finished my third race today.  A half marathon.  My first race was a 5k in March, second race 10k in April and today, HM.  Started training around the last day of Feb this year. Best part was my average pace was better in the HM than both prior races.

Thank you to everyone for the encouragement.

Maggie & Molly

congrats to you.

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
      Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

Dominater of Pavement

Woohoo!!! Way to go!!! Cool Super impressed. Keep it up!

Currently raising support for Give Kids the World and training for Disney's Glass Slipper Challenge. Come see how I'm doing at http://feetdominatingpavement.blogspot.com

SheCan

I think it's wonderful that you're taking charge of your health. Did you enjoy this race? I know it feels so wonderful to overcome so many obstacles, just be careful that you don't push so hard, so fast that you end up unable to run again. Good luck to you, and keep us posted!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

WTG!!!

Finished my third race today.  A half marathon.  My first race was a 5k in March, second race 10k in April and today, HM.  Started training around the last day of Feb this year. Best part was my average pace was better in the HM than both prior races.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

RunnerDC

Congrats on your accomplishment!!

Cheers!

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

WTG

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

hectortrojan

Way to go!