Ann Trason (Read 269 times)

Here's a slightly sensationalized but good article:

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/feb/20/ultrarunner-anne-trason-comeback

I'm even more pissed off at Christopher Mc Dougall, the Born to Run author- that's two great folks from the running world that he trashed in his poorly written best seller.

kcam

I'm not an ultra runner but she was one of my favorite pro runners as she competed with and beat the top men in her sport.  Respect.  Glad to hear of what she's doing now.  Thanks for posting the article.

Super. Thanks for posting this. Ann is an amazing athlete. Only 5,800 folks competed in ultras in 1985. I ran my first ultra in 1981, I never realized so few folks were competing in ultras back then. I am still at it. 50 K in December. Over 81,000 miles and counting since 1976! Nick

Hoban-Jay

Here's a slightly sensationalized but good article:

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/feb/20/ultrarunner-anne-trason-comeback

I'm even more pissed off at Christopher Mc Dougall, the Born to Run author- that's two great folks from the running world that he trashed in his poorly written best seller.

I have great respect for both Anne Trason and Christopher McDougall...they are both amazing athletes...and amazing people.

rlopez

I've met her a few times, and she was a great RD when she had the Dick Collins race. She's tough. And genuinely nice.

As for Born to Run, that book trashed people and played fast and loose with certain facts to paint a story.  And just as it is finally all dying down, well, here comes the movie. Yay. Ah well. Hopefully it'll be entertaining.

endlessrun

Thanks for posting the updated story on Ms. Trason.  I remember reading about her a few years ago in RW.  I'd really like to know how she can compete hard in the face of terrible injury, like a torn hamstring or ACL.  I believe, RW had said she once ran an entire race- and did well- with a broken hip!  Whatever her secrets, it must not be communicable as her own husband quit running due to an injury.  I'd like to know her secret, not because I'm curious, but because I have my own pain I'm trying to beat down, lol.