What is the best device to listen to FM Radio when running (Read 1236 times)

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

I have an old sony walkman that seems really too big to run with these days.  I have an ipod nano but I don't think it gets radio stations.  Does anyone have any suggestions on what they are using and like?  I am finding that during my morning runs on the weekend I actually like listening to the radio.  Something different.  I am sorting of coming back out of my phase of not running with music at all.

2011 Goals:
      Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
      Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)
    happybarb

Cellcom 2012

I have a Sansa Fuze and the radio works great.  I, too, listen to the radio most of the time while running and have been very happy with the reception quality of my Fuze.

an amazing likeness

For FM, I use the Sansa Clip, which is also a pretty capable MP3 player as well.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

AnneCA

Since you already have a Nano, have you looked into getting some of your favorite radio shows as podcasts?  I thought I'd miss the radio when I first got a Nano, but now I have a bunch of my favorite NPR shows set up to update and sync automatically, so there's always something new I want to listen to on it.  Even if NPR's not your speed, there are tons of podcasts of radio shows out there.
          Teresadfp

One day at a time

I have a Nano, and at BestBuy, I bought a little FM transmitter that ties into the Nano.  It works very well.

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

Since you already have a Nano, have you looked into getting some of your favorite radio shows as podcasts?  I thought I'd miss the radio when I first got a Nano, but now I have a bunch of my favorite NPR shows set up to update and sync automatically, so there's always something new I want to listen to on it.  Even if NPR's not your speed, there are tons of podcasts of radio shows out there.

Don't laugh at me but can you get Americas Top 40 with Ryan Seacrest (sp?) as a pod cast?

I do like NPR - How do you know which ones you have listened to and which you haven't?

2011 Goals:
              RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

I have a Nano, and at BestBuy, I bought a little FM transmitter that ties into the Nano.  It works very well.

Which one do you have that works so well?

2011 Goals:
                Teresadfp

One day at a time

Which one do you have that works so well?

It says Griffin on it.  It was about $32, I think.

- the grisly details http://alansmiles.blogspot.com
                    JerryBZA

Runs with the pack

For FM, I use the Sansa Clip, which is also a pretty capable MP3 player as well.

I have the Sansa clip as well.  It's nice to have the option to listen to FM or MP3's.  Decent reception depends on where I'm running.

Sony Erickson 580i cell phone has FM radio and mp3 player. Gets pretty good reception too since headphones cable serves as an antenna.

Ewa

I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill
                        eszett

I do like NPR - How do you know which ones you have listened to and which you haven't?

You can set itunes to only sync podcast episodes that haven't been played before.

In order to play episodes one after the other, I have a smart playlist for podcasts that only includes episodes with a play count of 0, which is then synced to my nano.