How do you display/show off your medals?? (Read 2911 times)

Cool Crimbo present from the kids (put together by the missus) from 1st Marathon 3 weeks ago! Big grin

2017 Goals
    1) Run more than 231 miles
    2) Be ready for  HM in the spring

drrbradford

Mine are buried nicely in a landfill somewhere. 

xor

Mine are buried nicely in a landfill somewhere. 

You are a ray of sunshine.

Why not decline them if you are just going to do this?

Treadmill Addict

I just recently put mine up on the wall, just using little sticky hooks. I'm getting a bunch of my favorite running photos together to frame them and put on the same wall. Nothing fancy, but I'm very proud of them so it's fun to have them up. 

The 3 on the right are marathons, 9 on the left are my half marathons. They're just on the wall of our bedroom, near my work/computer area. 

(I'll post a new photo when I get the pics around the medals with my bibs and such.) Smile

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b372/abbysmommy24/medalphotow.jpg

Sarah (37)

Mom to Abby (10) Jacob, (8) and Colton (5)

18 half marathons, 6 full marathons

Goals- run more, lose 20lbs.

Feeling the growl again

I just recently put mine up on the wall, just using little sticky hooks. I'm getting a bunch of my favorite running photos together to frame them and put on the same wall. Nothing fancy, but I'm very proud of them so it's fun to have them up. 

The 3 on the right are marathons, 9 on the left are my half marathons. They're just on the wall of our bedroom, near my work/computer area. 

(I'll post a new photo when I get the pics around the medals with my bibs and such.) Smile

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b372/abbysmommy24/medalphotow.jpg

Nice display.  You've got some unique ones there.  

Now, when you've been going long enough that the weight starts to rip the hooks off the wall, you'll need to change strategies.

I've got the ones my wife felt were important in a shadow box that some people pause to look at.  I'm still chucking the rest in a box with the race trophies I have yet to put shelves up to display in the 5 years since we bought this house.  Once I do, I should figure out something interesting to do with the medals.  

Perhaps hook them from the front of the shelves, so my little spawn can knock them together and enjoy the cacophony...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Treadmill Addict

Nice display.  You've got some unique ones there.  

Now, when you've been going long enough that the weight starts to rip the hooks off the wall, you'll need to change strategies.

I've got the ones my wife felt were important in a shadow box that some people pause to look at.  I'm still chucking the rest in a box with the race trophies I have yet to put shelves up to display in the 5 years since we bought this house.  Once I do, I should figure out something interesting to do with the medals.  

Perhaps hook them from the front of the shelves, so my little spawn can knock them together and enjoy the cacophony...

Haha, that's so funny. Mine are near my computer chair, so the kids are already clanging them together. Smile They also like to wear them and race around the house. 

Thanks for the compliment on my display, even though it's super simple and cheap. I wish I had some fancy shadow boxes for my marathon ones. 

Sarah (37)

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Very cool, Matt! Smile

Sarah, that bronze one in the middle sure stands out. Such an unique shape. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

JimR

I wear all of mine around my neck everywhere I go.

#artbydmcbride

I wear all of mine around my neck everywhere I go.

Big grin   I bet you do too.  

Runners run

jules2

I hang mine on the bedpost in the hope that if Mrs Jules gets frisky the tinkling will put her off. It's worked for me so far but there again it could just be my appearance and poor personal hygiene.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

"run" "2" "eat"

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

#artbydmcbride

That is a good sized cubicle, R2E, I'm impressed!

Runners run

L Train

I hang mine on the bedpost in the hope that if Mrs Jules gets frisky the tinkling will put her off.  

These seem like completely unrelated subjects. 

Treadmill Addict

Sarah, that bronze one in the middle sure stands out. Such an unique shape. Smile

It's in the shape of Nevada. It was the Summerlin Half marathon. Smile

It's so fun to see how everyone displays their medals, thanks for sharing everyone!

Sarah (37)

"run" "2" "eat"

thanks, ilene! size matters, you know.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams