Goal of sub 20 5k (Read 13664 times)

Now - just to get some quality miles in before finding a spring marathon.  

5k predicts a 3:13 finish - figure if I go quality and quantity, maybe a BQ is in hopes?

19:52 - even splits.  8th overall.

Great race! Way to go.

Current Goals: Run and stuff

Congratulations!  Great job!

Prince of Fatness

Nice!

Not at it at all. 

Arrogant Bastard....Ale

Nice post marathon, 5K prep workout for me today.  Loving the cool weather.

3.25 warm-up at 7:50 pace

4.7 tempo at 6:55 pace

1.4 cool-down at 7:40 pace

Nice post marathon, 5K prep workout for me today.  Loving the cool weather.

3.25 warm-up at 7:50 pace

4.7 tempo at 6:55 pace

1.4 cool-down at 7:40 pace

Nice run and confidence booster. That cooler weather is nice too.

Current Goals: Run and stuff

This thread is so quiet lately.  Anyone has any more 5k planned?

I am going to run a 5k this Sun.  Hope to get sub 19:15. But with my tired legs from the Marathon training and no taper, I am not sure if it is possible. But the weather is projected to be nice and cool.  So, it will help.

hey - are you running the one at stanford on sunday?  i am gonna do the 10 i think.  looks like it's the same course as the homerun which is the sunday after, so this is my practice run since i suck at pacing in shorter races
                  - the grisly details http://alansmiles.blogspot.com

Hi Alan,

Yes, I am doing the 5 at Stanford this Sun.  Thought about the 10 but I will do the very flat and fast SV Turkey Trot.

My 5k PR really should be broken, hopefully by a lot

I think Jim is doing the 30k so we won't see him.

Geo

hey - are you running the one at stanford on sunday?  i am gonna do the 10 i think.  looks like it's the same course as the homerun which is the sunday after, so this is my practice run since i suck at pacing in shorter races

Prince of Fatness

This thread is so quiet lately.  Anyone has any more 5k planned?

It's not looking good for me.  I wanted to sneak one in in October but it never happened.  This month I'm running 2 HM's.  I'd like to run one in December but they get harder to find in these parts at that time of the year.  It appears as though my sub 20 quest will have to wait until 2010.

Not at it at all. 

Hi Alan,

Yes, I am doing the 5 at Stanford this Sun.  Thought about the 10 but I will do the very flat and fast SV Turkey Trot.

My 5k PR really should be broken, hopefully by a lot

I think Jim is doing the 30k so we won't see him.

Geo

cool - i'll see you there.  i'll probably be warming up on the stanford track starting about 40 mins before the race.

- the grisly details http://alansmiles.blogspot.com

It's not looking good for me.  I wanted to sneak one in in October but it never happened.  This month I'm running 2 HM's.  I'd like to run one in December but they get harder to find in these parts at that time of the year.  It appears as though my sub 20 quest will have to wait until 2010.

Nonsense.  Race day registration is available for Run For All Ages on Saturday in Wakefield.  Introduce yourself to mikeymike, then stay on his shoulder for the race.  That'll get you about a 17:30 if he hits his goal time.

E.J.
                          Greater Lowell Road Runners
                          Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Prince of Fatness

Nonsense.  Race day registration is available for Run For All Ages on Saturday in Wakefield.  Introduce yourself to mikeymike, then stay on his shoulder for the race.  That'll get you about a 17:30 if he hits his goal time.

Tempting but I must stay focused on the task at hand Sunday.  I do need to find a place to get a run in Saturday morning though.

Not at it at all. 

mikeymike

Tempting but I must stay focused on the task at hand Sunday.  I do need to find a place to get a run in Saturday morning though.

Where you staying?

Runners run

Prince of Fatness

Where you staying?

At a Hampton Inn about 3 miles from the HM start in Portsmouth.

Not at it at all.