In Praise of the Saucony Endorphin Pro - PR Achieved. (Read 105 times)

kcam

I ran in the EndoPros today for the 2nd time since I bought them.  First was on 11/18 a interval session on the track (not a gut-buster but a good run).  That run was about 5 miles total.  Felt fine afterwards but noticed that the shoes were a little 'unstable'.  This morning I ran one of our club 'workouts' in them.  It's a short run of 2.75 miles, hilly, road.  I loved the way they felt on this race (I ran it as hard as I could, which ain't very fast anymore!).  Never felt that 'wobble' I did on my first run, maybe I was just too focused on my run to notice, also it was a completely smooth asphalt surface.  With warmups and cooldowns I put almost 9 miles total on them. I'm still a fan of these shoes, especially at $90.  I don't think I'd ever spend $200 on shoes like these as the difference they make isn't really worth it to me.

I ran in the EndoPros today for the 2nd time since I bought them.  First was on 11/18 a interval session on the track (not a gut-buster but a good run).  That run was about 5 miles total.  Felt fine afterwards but noticed that the shoes were a little 'unstable'.  This morning I ran one of our club 'workouts' in them.  It's a short run of 2.75 miles, hilly, road.  I loved the way they felt on this race (I ran it as hard as I could, which ain't very fast anymore!).  Never felt that 'wobble' I did on my first run, maybe I was just too focused on my run to notice, also it was a completely smooth asphalt surface.  With warmups and cooldowns I put almost 9 miles total on them. I'm still a fan of these shoes, especially at $90.  I don't think I'd ever spend $200 on shoes like these as the difference they make isn't really worth it to me.

I actually loved how they felt when I was running in them.  I had no pain and felt so much energy return.  Hopefully you won't have any delayed calf issues like I did.  My left calf is still sore today.  It's frustrating as I love the shoe's performance but it's not worth the injury risk in my case.

Personal Records:

5K - 20:07 ran in September 2021 (The second half split during the 10K run listed below.)

10K - 41:10 ran in September 2021

8 miles - 56:15 ran in November 2021

Half Marathon - 1:39:06 ran in September 2020