Go claim your share of $2,500,000 (Read 757 times)

Just be sure and say "I am an idiot" out loud. 

Energy = calories.  Not using energy means you have extra calories and you will gain weight.  Now you know. 

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/the-exchange/today-food-finance-nutella-not-broccoli-162956191.html

link enclosed will get you your idiocracy award of several dollars. 

Now, if you ran 16 miles today, then for god sakes, have a Nutella sandwich.  You've earned it. 

I'm embarrased to be an American sometimes.  Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to sue Runners World because they said chocolate milk is a good recovery drink.  I drank a gallon of it a day for the last year to recover from my stressful bus ride and I think it's made me fat. 

an amazing likeness

Some idiot...she came up a way to get some share of $2.5M or whatever it was. Yur gest gelious you wernt smart enuff to think of that.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Why is it sideways?

Doubt the mom got much. The lawyers, on the other hand...

I won't go for my $8 share of the riches. 

There were two lawsuits.  Class representative plaintiffs in the much larger one got $2000 incentive awards, so I'd guess Hohen-dumbass's take is much less, not counting her $4/jar claim (up to $20 max).

The law firms did clean up, though, to the tune of $3.9 million dollars MINIMUM.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

kcam

A couple things:

I've seen that commercial and thought WTF - they're advertising Nutella as a healthy breakfast for kids?!

Sometimes I really feel that we need a 'loser pays' lawsuit system to reduce the ridiculous lawsuits brought with the intention of merely getting Mr DeepPockets to settle, although I'm aware of the negatives of a 'loser pays' system also.  What to do, what to do ...

Admittedly, I watched only one Nutella commercial.  But they never said it was a "healthy" breakfast or part of one; the woman just says it's a great-tasting breakfast, a breakfast her kids will want to eat, and similar statements.  Maybe the totality of the "evils" Nutella committed in the commercials, website, and so on made it look bad enough that they settled.

Oh yeah, and this was a settlement, not a trial outcome.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It seems that you don't even have to have a receipt, and for now you can get reimbursed for up to five jars if you bought them between Jan 1, 2008, and Feb 3, 2012 (or Aug. 1, 2009, and Jan. 23, 2012 in Hohenberg's home state).

I haven't had Nutella in years (hello, gateway drug!!!)...but I could get free Nutella if I were a big enough jerk to take part in this. Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Oh good lord, seriously? I've eaten plenty of Nutella in that time frame, but not once did I think I was eating something "healthy." Who in their right mind would think something that tastes that heavenly could possibly be good for them? I mean as far as calories and fat content, it's no worse than peanut butter. It's like saying Cinnamon Toast Crunch is healthy because it's a "part of a complete breakfast." Just makes me sad for the poor Nutella company. 

BeeRunB

I first tried Nutella in Italy, and even without reading the label, I instantly knew it was junk food, and confirmed this by reading the label. Everything is on the labels these days, just read them. Anyone who claims they were misinformed is not taking responsibility for their own lack of reading. As far as junk foods go, if you like tasty chocolate gook, I would recommend this product. I like it. Had it for breakfast in Italy. Cool

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I first tried Nutella in Italy, and even without reading the label, I instantly knew it was junk food, and confirmed this by reading the label. Everything is on the labels these days, just read them. Anyone who claims they were misinformed is not taking responsibility for their own lack of reading. As far as junk foods go, if you like tasty chocolate gook, I would recommend this product. I like it. Had it for breakfast in Italy. Cool

Ditto...only I had it for the first time in Scotland in '93.  I was scared when I first found it in the US.  It is powerful stuff!

~ Sarah Kay

Ditto...only I had it for the first time in Scotland in '93.  I was scared when I first found it in the US.  It is powerful stuff!

Germany for me. Bought a crepe with Nutella at a little stand at some local fair. I still remember that day Smile

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I was just reminded of a friend of mine (a HS classmate of my DH, actually) who did a semester in London.  She would frequently eat a jar of Nutella/day.  She gained a TON of weight in the few short months that she was over there.  Yeah...healthy. Tongue

Cadbury and haddock-n-chips was actually more of a weakness for me while in the UK.  And snakebite black...

~ Sarah Kay

Admittedly, I watched only one Nutella commercial.  But they never said it was a "healthy" breakfast or part of one; 

The advert said (amongst other things) "Nutella releases energy slowly, so it can be part of a balanced breakfast". The ad was banned in the UK for being misleading. 

But still - people should read the labels. It's basically fat and sugar - per 100g of nutella there is 57g of sugar and 32g of fat.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Personally,  i don't think that  Nutella is any worse than jam.  Twice the calories.  Use a little less.

I occasionally gave my kids nutella and p-butter sandwiches for school lunches .  

Reese's sandwiches.  Now days that would get a lunch thrown out at some schoolsShocked  

And no, they were never over weight.  Still aren't.  

Nutella on good bakery bread is the best!

steph