Another family race day and an anniversary of racing. (Read 596 times)

Go Pre!

Today is one year later...since our first race as a family and the first race ever for my wife and I. It is a good event on the Toronto Island. So we trekked downtown to the harborfront and take the ferry over to the island. The races go around the island and are very picturesque. I didn't race as my little guy wanted me to pace him in the 5k (his 3rd). He is only 7 and ran a smashing time of 26:30. Our 14yr daughter placed 3rd in the 19 and under female category for the 10K with a time of 54:00. My lovely wife ran the 10k, as did 2 of the ladies from the half-marathon clinic I instruct and they all had personal best times too! It was overcast, chilly, my knee still hurts, I was terribly hung over ( a long story in itself!) the food wasn't as good as last year but seeing my home team do so well made it a great day!
    t_runner

Congratulations to the whole family! How great you guys all run together!
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I didn't race as my little guy asked me to pace him in the 5k. He is only 7 ran a smashing 5K race with a time of 26:30. Our 14yr daughter placed 3rd in the 19 and under female category for the 10K with a time of 54:00.
        So a couple of punk kids are faster than I... *cries* I love that you guys do so many races together, Dave. That is really awesome! k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

The family that runs together --- love it!! Congrats to Daddyo, Wife, son, and daughter of Daddyo for great races!
          2009: BQ?
            That is so cool! Great race times. Congratulations. Smile

Michelle

Today is one year later...since our first race as a family and the first race ever for my wife and I. It is a good event on the Toronto Island. So we trekked downtown to the harborfront and take the ferry over to the island. The races go around the island and are very picturesque. I didn't race as my little guy wanted me to pace him in the 5k (his 3rd). He is only 7 and ran a smashing time of 26:30. Our 14yr daughter placed 3rd in the 19 and under female category for the 10K with a time of 54:00. My lovely wife ran the 10k, as did 2 of the ladies from the half-marathon clinic I instruct and they all had personal best times too! It was overcast, chilly, my knee still hurts, I was terribly hung over ( a long story in itself!) the food wasn't as good as last year but seeing my home team do so well made it a great day!
              CONGRATS on all the great runs!! Good job with the family running!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Awesome - what a great thing to share as a family Smile

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                Thyroid Support Group

btb1490

It's nice to see that one year later everyone is still at it! What a nice way to celebrate! Congratulations to all, those are some speedy times there!

Go Pre!

It's nice to see that one year later everyone is still at it! What a nice way to celebrate! Congratulations to all, those are some speedy times there!
                    yep, a year later and still at it harder than ever. In one year we managed...between 4 of us (5 if you factor our eldest,the social butterfly, ran one race, a 12k and beat me!) 1 marathon 4 half marathons 6 12Ks 9 10Ks 21 5Ks 3 5 milers 5 2Ks 51 races, 427.9 KMs A lot of money to charity... And many more in the very near future. Then winter will be here and we'll be forced to spend Sundays watching old movies Smile Daddyo

Dog-Love

Great family running...I love that...and the kids are just gonna get faster! Keep it up
                      Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)