10K PR for me (Read 988 times)

Slow-smooth-fast

Hey guys, I just had to share with you my run tonight, as I am so happy. I started out from my house on a usual route, and went out a little faster than my normal warm up pace. I felt good, and the pace was getting a little faster, so I thought what the hell, lets go or a good 10K time. My previous 10k PR was 46:15, this was on a x country course. Today I came away with a road time of "42:32. I was well chuffed, and couldn't have worked any harder towards the end. I cant stop thinking that I should have gone out a little faster, but hey it would only have compromised my pace later on. Here are some stats you guys ma want to look at. In an actual race I should be a little quicker I would hope, looking a the last 3.1 miles too, it works out at just over 20 minutes by a few seconds for the 5k.20:03, so I know I can break that too hopefully. Please comments welcome.

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

Imminent Catastrophe

Arrrrrrr, ya done good, matey! 'Twould be a mite faster on a flat course, I reckon you'll be celebratin' with some grog! Arrrrrr! (BTW today is international "Talk like a pirate day")

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Holy cow, a big PR on THAT course? WOW! BTW, I LOVE that elevation profile Big grin
        jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Well blow me down, me hearty! Avast, ye run as if ye be chasin' the fairest wench in all the land! [keeping the pirate theme going]

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Slow-smooth-fast

More comments please, I worked very hard for this!! Wink

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I worked very hard for this!!
              Damn straight you did. I think sub-40 is in your future, based on a) How much you had in the tank for the end of that race (Those last 2.2 miles rocked!) b) The fact that it was such such a hilly course. 40:00 10k is 6:27/mile. I think it's within your reach this fall.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Slow-smooth-fast

Damn straight you did. I think sub-40 is in your future, based on a) How much you had in the tank for the end of that race (Those last 2.2 miles rocked!) b) The fact that it was such such a hilly course. 40:00 10k is 6:27/mile. I think it's within your reach this fall.
                I really hope so, I cant possibley envisage running that fast. It would be a dream come true to go sub 40, but I am always working towards it. My goal for 2007 was to go sub 43. A number I picked up after my first 10k race last year on dec 31st of 50:20. I have achieved this, but now look to going under 40. What I struggle with is going that pace from the start, its hard to start that fast, but I will keep at it.

btb1490

I'll bet in an actual race with your adrenaline cranking, on an easier course, you'd be pretty darn close to your 40 minute goal already. Congrats on your huge improvements, I'm sure there are many more to come!
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hot damn! Nice work, Eddy! I think you are rapidly becoming "most improved runner" on RA! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

derek

Great job. What is more amazing is that you are this fast after losing so much weight, coming down from 260+ lbs! I started at 230lbs, but I can only dream of ever being this fast. Derek

Derek

madness baby

So impressive, Eddy! Congrats on a great race! Big grin
                        deb
                          Great job Eddy! You rock! Keep up the hard work. You're going to beat that PR again before you know it.

Slow-smooth-fast

hey guys, thanks for all the encouragement. I do try my hardest. Most improved runner, I like the sound of that. This is a great community, and I couldn't have come this far without you guys. Pity we dont have the facility to PM, cos I have took a liking to some of you. Having a rest day tommorrow, gone a bit crazy this week.

Nice work! Isn't it great when you can pull in a PR in training? That has to give you confidence going into your next race.

Run to Win
                              25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)