Inserts (Read 609 times)

Has anyone's found an insert that has cushioning in the forefoot that they like? I need to replace the inserts that came with my Saucony Rides, but I've either found if the forefoot has enough cushion, the heel has way too much or if the heel is ok, the forefoot's about as thin as what I'm trying to replace. I tried just using the little triangles vs. the whole insert, but that just felt like a big old bump!
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I really like the Sof Sole Arch or Athlete insoles for straight cushioning, but they are pretty bulky...I'm guessing you want something thinner. They do make a thin fit one that may be worth a try. Dick's carries them, as do a couple of the other shoe retailers in the mall.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I really like the Sof Sole Arch or Athlete insoles for straight cushioning, but they are pretty bulky...I'm guessing you want something thinner. They do make a thin fit one that may be worth a try. Dick's carries them, as do a couple of the other shoe retailers in the mall.
        Hmm. I haven't seen the thin fit before. I'll have to check them out! Thanks!

TRIing to beat the heat!

Has anyone's found an insert that has cushioning in the forefoot that they like? I need to replace the inserts that came with my Saucony Rides, but I've either found if the forefoot has enough cushion, the heel has way too much or if the heel is ok, the forefoot's about as thin as what I'm trying to replace. I tried just using the little triangles vs. the whole insert, but that just felt like a big old bump!
          I'm dealing with the same thing. I'm a mid-foot striker and my forefoot area requires way more cushioning compared to the heel. I've been using Lynco 400's. They have nice arch support and the forefoot cushion seems to be a bit more substantial than most. I'm thinking about trying the Lynco 404s with the metatarsal support (it's a full-on bump), but I'm worried that I would "feel" it too much in my shoes. I wish some company would come out with orthotics specific to mid-foot/forefoot striking. Hmmm... maybe "I" should become that company!!! Wink

2012 Goals

Sub-1:42 for half marathon √ (1:41 at Disney, Jan '12)

Sub-22 for 5k √ (21:51 in Sept '12)

BQ for marathon- FAIL

I wish some company would come out with orthotics specific to mid-foot/forefoot striking. Hmmm... maybe "I" should become that company!!! Wink
            Would you let me know when you do that!? Big grin