Good running music (Read 917 times)

fothpaul

Anyone got any good tunes to run to? Bizarrely enough i have been finding bagpipe music quite inspirational on the last legs of my runs.
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Check out these threads: 1 2 3 I LOVE bagpipes! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

va

Any Natalie MacMaster fans out there? She's a great Cape Breton fiddler. The bagpiper that tours with her, Matt MacIsaac, is really good.
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Any Natalie MacMaster fans out there? She's a great Cape Breton fiddler. The bagpiper that tours with her, Matt MacIsaac, is really good.
          YES!!! We discovered her music while on honeymoon in NS! I wonder if her piper is related to Ashley MacIsaac, who is also from NS and is an incredible fiddler (saw him in concert years ago in Detroit and it was amazing--he had a top 40 hit with "Sleepy Maggie"). Hmmm...I should go through our collection of Celtic music and put together a playlist of fast reels and jigs for running to! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

va

I've heard of Ashley before but never heard him play. I don't think they're related, but don't know for sure. I think MacIsaac is a common last name. I have seen Natalie in concert twice. She gives a great high energy show. Cape Breton is an special place. We vacationed there last summer. It's beautiful, and if you like the music, that makes it even more special.
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Cape Breton is an special place. We vacationed there last summer. It's beautiful, and if you like the music, that makes it even more special.
              I was first there as a kid on a family vacation and fell in love with the province. I hope we can someday take our son there--great place to travel with kids. We spent 4 nights of our honeymoon on CBI (flew there and rented a car...just drove around to our hearts' content without much of a plan for 8 days). 3 of those were in Ingonish. God, I'd move there in a heartbeat if we could both find work there! I could eat lobster, haddock and chips, and Digby scallops every week! Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

va

We drove around most of the island, hiked, went to live music performances, horseback riding (on the beach!), whale-watching, sailed around the huge inland Bras D'Or lake, visited museums (Alexande Graham Bell was fond of Cape Breton), Louisbourg Fortress,... On the way home we went sea kayaking in the Bay of Fundy at Hopewell Rock (this is in New Brunswick), which was a lot of fun...
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Man, you guys did it ALL! We wanted to do whale watching, but it was too early in the season. The little resort we stayed at in Ingonish also ran a whale watching tour that used a stunning wood-hulled schooner. We were there about a week before their season started, unfortunately. But we wouldn't have likely seen anything in late May/early June. We would have done more when we were there, but I spent at least 4 days with a rotten flu complete with fever. Likely something I picked-up on the flight there. We stayed one night in Truro and hubby got up in the middle of the night to see the tidal bore. I was too sick to join him. Sad When we were there as kids we saw a whale REALLY close to shore from up on a cliff, though. By the time we got down closer to the water it had taken off. Amazing thing to see in the wild. I still get chills thinking about it. k

~ Sarah Kay

may

Two years ago we drove across Canada . From one coast to another. Ingonish was my favorite place as well as Peggy's Cove. Absolutly beautiful part of the country.The Celtic music so much fun. I'll have to try running with it....Hadn't thought of that before.